Feature request: email note as PDF, export note to PDF

Organizen

Idea

It would be great if there were an easy way to send any note as a PDF file by email. In one click from a share menu, it would be possible to automatically convert a note to PDF, open the default mail client and add that PDF that was just created to a brand-new email message.

When I click on share, and then share note, the window that pops up asks me to enter in email address(es) to send the message to. The only problem with this approach is that the people who I send the note to need to have Evernote accounts themselves.  If they do not have an Evernote account, then they are asked to create one before they can read the content that I am sending.   I would like to be able to send evernotes to people who do not use Evernote and do not want to open up an Evernote account for themselves. That is why it would be nice, especially for Business purposes where it might be inappropriate to ask someone to open an Evernote account simply to see some information that you are sending them.

Printing the note to PDF using a PDF printer is a possible workaround, but not ideal, and this is also not possible to do in iOS on a phone, or a tablet.

On Mac as in iOS, all the software tends to be pretty tightly integrated with Apple Mail, which is the default email program. So I am used to programs having a share button to share to the Mail app in order to quickly share the content in an email.

Screen Shot 2016-03-11 at 8.45.41 PM.png

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, Organizen said:

It would be great if there were an easy way to send any note as a PDF file by email.

If you right click in the note, you get a menu and can Convert the Note to PDF
This gives you a duplicate note that is in pdf format.
You can now email the pdf note.

56e3a97200b5a_ScreenShot2016-03-11at9.28

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, Organizen said:

Printing the note to PDF using a PDF printer is a possible workaround, but not ideal, and this is also not possible to do in iOS on a phone, or a tablet.

Workaround.  Press the share button for the note in EN.  Select Save PDF to iBooks.  Email the PDF from iBooks.

On 11 maart 2016 at 6:48 PM, csihilling said:

Workaround.  Press the share button for the note in EN.  Select Save PDF to iBooks.  Email the PDF from iBooks.

The drawback of the iOS iBooks-method: Hyperlinks or urls in a ENnote are no hyperlinks anymore. They are changed in plain text. :-( 

On 3/11/2016 at 11:32 PM, DTLow said:

If you right click in the note, you get a menu and can Convert the Note to PDF
This gives you a duplicate note that is in pdf format.
You can now email the pdf note.

Screen Shot 2016-03-11 at 9.28.34 PM.png

This is the recommended method for converting notes to PDFs in the Mac application. Selecting this will create a new note with the note attached as a PDF file. The converted PDF in the new note can then be downloaded to your desktop and attached to an email, etc.

Archived