Alliah

Feature Request: Scroll Past End

Idea

The feature "scroll past end" exists in the Atom text editor and I love it. It allows to scroll past the end of the last line. It makes writing more comfortable because we're not stuck writing on the bottom of the screen.

This would be great on Evernote Web.

Here's a quick video showing how "scroll past end" works in Atom.

• Like 2

8 replies to this idea

I've been wanting this for some time now. Completely agree that this would be an added benefit to the Evernote experience. Please implement this! Thanks EN team :)

Hi! With our beta editor update, we've made some progress on this. Now, as in the mac client, the user to scroll about one line past the end. Can you try it out and let me know what you think? It's not as dramatic as the atom editor.

• Like 1

Every one of my evernote documents ends in about 50 lines of whitespace to achieve this feature. I am vastly more comfortable typing at the top of a screen than the bottom. If this were an option, it would save me a lot of carriage returns. Thanks.

Got it - We added a feature to scroll past the end by a few lines, but I hear you wanting to scroll past by a lot more. We'll look into this. Thanks for the request!

@scruggles I use Sublime for editing, so the scroll past feature there is just like Atom. The scrolling-past-end feature in Evernote should be the same as in Atom & Sublime - you should be able to scroll past the end up to a maximum of where the last line is just at the top of the screen. So I'm agreeing with @jkmcrg here. Anyone used to the scroll-past feature will likely be expecting this behavior. Thanks for responding to us users!

It would be very helpful to be able to scroll, say, half a page past the end, so that the current line can stay mid-page, making things easier for the eyes & neck!

But this forum is not about Windows client....

It is about the Web client. :)