Delay when using saved search shorcuts on the sidebar

I had written about this problem before, but I suppose it got buried under newer posts. 

I have set various tags on my notes such as now, work, social etc depending on context and time. In-order to quickly find my notes, I use the save search option in evernote(edit>find>save search) to save a combination of tags (eg:notebook:pending tag:now tag:work) and pin the shortcuts of the saved searches to the sidebar for easy access(see sidebar screenshot below). 

56e00a7a04450_ScreenShot2016-03-09at3.13

Now, when I click on one the saved search shortcuts(on the sidebar), every single time, I am seeing a strange 1 second delay before evernote filters the notes. This ONLY happens when I use the shortcuts from the sidebar. If I click on a saved search from the search drop down(see screenshot ), the filtering happens instantly. 

56e00a7f2171d_ScreenShot2016-03-09at3.29

After a while, this delay becomes really annoying because I use the saved search shortcuts extensively in my evernote workflow. Here is a video showing this problem on my macbook pro(late 2013). 

Is this a bug with my evernote client or an intentional design decision? Is anyone else facing this issue?

33 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Sorry -

• Must learn to read which forum I'm in.
  • Must learn to read which forum I'm in
  • Must learn to read which forum I'm in

I'm on Windows.  And shutting up now.  :blush:

Hahaha, Well I have tested the windows version, and this problem doesn't happen there. Moreover, unlike the mac app, the windows version highlights the shortcuts on the sidebar,  which is useful. Not sure why the mac sidebar has these issues. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, tmsbn said:

Is this a bug with my evernote client or an intentional design decision? Is anyone else facing this issue?

I don't have this problem (actually on a Mac)
It shouldn't be happening - I'd suggest opending a support ticket 
They will probably suggest some self help - rebuilding your database; reinstalling the app

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, tmsbn said:

Thanks for the reply DTLow. I will open a support ticket for this issue. But just to make sure we are on the same page, did you check the video I linked to in my first post?

Yep - It still shouldn't be happening

Archived