Idea

Hi All,

I know this has been asked before, but is their any way to display a single note on the home screen.

Examples of when this would be useful - Task list, Shopping list. 

Their is an app that offers this feature - http://stickytext.android.informer.com/

but it just crashes on my phone. 

Thanks

David

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 replies to this idea

Hi.  Have you looked at all the existing widgets?  There's a 'list' option that will show you part of a note,  and open to that specific note if you tap it..  or individual buttons that could open individual notes if you wish...

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Have you looked at all the existing widgets?  There's a 'list' option that will show you part of a note,  and open to that specific note if you tap it..  or individual buttons that could open individual notes if you wish...

I want to be able to see the whole note, view only as quickly as possible, this is possible with other apps but none of them are as powerful as Evernote

• Like 1

You could take a screenshot and use it as wallpaper,  but that stops all of Evernote's functions from working.  If you save your shopping list as one-note-per-item notes in a separate notebook you could scroll up and down the list of notes in the large widget,  but that's it for current options.  If Evernote (and everyone else) think this is a useful feature request,  maybe someday...  all you have for now though is workarounds!

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

You could take a screenshot and use it as wallpaper,  but that stops all of Evernote's functions from working.  If you save your shopping list as one-note-per-item notes in a separate notebook you could scroll up and down the list of notes in the large widget,  but that's it for current options.  If Evernote (and everyone else) think this is a useful feature request,  maybe someday...  all you have for now though is workarounds!

I want to be able to interact with it when needed to update the list, or even check tick boxes without actually opening evernote, I know lots of people want this, is their any way to formally submit ideas to Evernote?

This is the place to raise ideas and feedback - Evernote created the feedback pages so they could judge the interest in ideas raised,  and prioritise the development necessary. 

With 150M very active users they're careful (although not always careful enough) to avoid making changes that don't benefit the majority of their users,  hence the voting system at top left.  If your proposal is popular it stands more chance of being adopted.  I'm just saying that until it is available you may have to look at work-arounds - unless they already had this idea in development and are about to launch it on an unsuspecting world,  it will be months or years before you see any changes from current suggestions...

I REALLY NEED THIS BADLY, THIS FEATURE IS THE ONLY THING MISSING FROM THIS GREAT APPLICATION. EMPLOYEES OF EVERNOTE, PLEASE INCLUDE THIS ON YOUR NEXT UPDATE

Hi.  With yourself plus 2 supporters in favor of this feature it's unlikely to be in the next release.  See my longer answer above.  And please don't use all caps in the forum.

Others have suggested the same feature, the difficulty is depending which Google search you do you will land on different pages and the vote is diluted. I will certainly vote for each one I see....

I've installed Evernote many times over the years and quickly stop using it after I remember why I don't use it.. It's missing this, in my opinion, very obvious feature. I just want to have two different note widgets on my main screen with a minimalistic menu button that allows me to change which note it is displaying. The current widget has a full row of buttons which wastes space. The date of last edit visible in start of each note is also unnecessary in my opinion.

Just like OP I want to have fastest possible access to notes on my phone's main screen. Like a grocery list and a list of stuff I need to buy from hardware store, so I can just quickly check if there's something I'm forgetting. Then if I'm for example building some project and need to take measurements I could change my grocery note for a blank note and write down my measurements, again with very minimal effort as I only need to unlock my phone and it would be right there on my main screen.