Capital letters in EN cannot change

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, Euler said:

Sometimes EN only writes upper case letters. I cannot make it write lower case letter

Is this specific to Evernote or is it happening in other apps?

• Level 5*
On 3/8/2016 at 8:28 AM, Euler said:

Sometimes EN only writes upper case letters. I cannot make it write lower case letter

I very much doubt that Evernote has anything to do with this, so I would not bother with a reinstall.

Most likely it is either a physical keyboard problem (with semi-stuck keys) or some system utility that is sometimes running.

• Hold your keyboard upside down and tap the back of it firmly with the palm of your hand.  This should help dislodge and particles stuck in your keys
  • Restart your Mac/PC and test Evernote app without anything else running.
  • 1 year later...

I, too, have this problem of only uppercase letters when I write a new note.  If I start on a current line that's not all uppercase, it's fine.  I just then hit Enter to go down a line and continue with normal notes.  However, it's most annoying!  Did you find a solution?

• 3 months later...

I contacted Evernote help.  They asked me to send some screen shots of what I was experiencing.  After several days, they replied that they were looking into this formatting issue--it obviously is something from their end. 

One thing I discovered:  this only happened when my note became extended.  It didn't seem to happen with new notes.  

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Jia Ziqi said:

I, too, have this problem. I can only type uppercase letters and I tried to share it with my friends and he can also type same uppercase only. So I am pretty sure that is not my keyboard problem.

Windows? Mac? Android? iOS? Web?

Archived