Jump to content
  • 24

Idea

How can I insert tables in Evernote for iOS? Is there a work around that would allow me to insert tables?

Thanks!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

68 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 1

Looks like the creation of tables is desktop and web only,  but you could always set up a template note on a desktop and (presumably) copy it when using the mobile?  [Not tested!]

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 1

@DTLow if you had to find a workaround for inserting tables then you need tables. I pay to Evernote every month because I don't want to look for a workaround. I want a button which I press and a table appears. My job is not to hack the useless iOS editor of Evernote creating templates (which, by the way, doesn't exist as an Evernote feature but due to the users effort duplicating notes). 
The workaround I found for inserting tables was to use Microsoft One Note.

We are not talking here about inserting mathematical formulas or spreadsheets. We are just talking about <table></table>. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 1

Still no solution. Tedious. How come I can use tables on safari iOS and not an app?! So ridiculous. Come on Evernote ... basic fix and so many people complaining and asking for it...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 1
15 hours ago, MonicaMoreno said:

Really no response from Evernote?

Hi.  The only 'response' I'd expect would be for the apps for Android and iOS to be updated with that facility added.  Evernote (like most software companies) don't usually comment on when or whether they'll be issuing new features.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hi! While it isn't currently possible to create tables on iOS, there is a workaround that may be helpful, as @gazumped mentioned: create a blank table on desktop or web, and keep that note in your account as a template. Each time you want to 'create' a table on iOS, you can either copy and paste the blank table to a new note, or duplicate the note from the share menu at the bottom right. Note however that you won't be able to add rows or columns from an iOS device. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On March 8, 2016 at 9:36 AM, annah said:

Each time you want to 'create' a table on iOS, you can either copy and paste the blank table to a new note, or duplicate the note from the share menu at the bottom right. Note however that you won't be able to add rows or columns from an iOS device. 

Great idea; a one row template that you can copy from.
To create a table in a note, paste from the template
To add a row, paste a second time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Tables are sort of a default expectation in 2017 if you're going to be a grown up writing or note app. Though I love the simplicity and available everywhere capability, limitations like these are making it tougher to stick with the premium subsription. Lots of options to just use note apps+dropbox or icloud these days so I hope you guys get some of these rudimentary things worked out soon. We're close to giving up for anything but personal jots, which can be done on the free app. 

Kind of funny that this web text editor (that I'm typing in now on your help page) is better than the Evernote ios app. In fact the latest updates have done nothing but move things around for no rational reason. What is wrong with a basic tool bar like this one? Like the one that used to be in ios EN? Change for the sake of change is not necessary unless you're changing the UX or improving the product. Which IMO you did not do. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 02/04/2017 at 5:44 AM, Johnson Roberts said:

Tables are sort of a default expectation in 2017 if you're going to be a grown up writing or note app. Though I love the simplicity and available everywhere capability, limitations like these are making it tougher to stick with the premium subsription. Lots of options to just use note apps+dropbox or icloud these days so I hope you guys get some of these rudimentary things worked out soon. We're close to giving up for anything but personal jots, which can be done on the free app. 

Kind of funny that this web text editor (that I'm typing in now on your help page) is better than the Evernote ios app. In fact the latest updates have done nothing but move things around for no rational reason. What is wrong with a basic tool bar like this one? Like the one that used to be in ios EN? Change for the sake of change is not necessary unless you're changing the UX or improving the product. Which IMO you did not do. 

Hi.  As has been said,  there are lots of work-arounds,  and there are improvements in the pipeline.  Meantime this website is an unconnected commercial third party forum with different features.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 2017-04-01 at 9:44 PM, Johnson Roberts said:

Kind of funny that this web text editor (that I'm typing in now on your help page) is better than the Evernote ios app.

The forum editor doesn't do tables either  :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

In same boat. Love Evernote, been using it since it's early days when I was a college student, now using it in the context of both home and work.

It used to be I used Evernote primarily on desktop, but I'm using it more and more on my phone. I'd expect the software to be able to keep up with the way users interact with tech.

Tables are a huge help for organizing information, and I'm finding myself having to open Google Sheets more and more to "take the notes" I want to take. It's a silly little thing, but for the amount of info we have to organize today, being able to make a simple table in my note app is an expectation. 

 

It's just a barrier to getting ideas down quickly and in one place... which is what I really love about Evernote. I've been working around this one simple workflow for months, and it's getting to the point where I'm not sure if the info is in Evernote or someplace else. If it doesn't get fixed soon I might just move everything over to Google Docs so at least everything will be in one place again. I really love Evernote though so hoping this simple request gets fixed. 

1. Please add tables to mobile.

2. Make editing them more intuitive on desktop (Dropbox Paper does this wonderfully!)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Really, I don’t understand what is Evernote doing. Doesn’t matter how much I effort using Evernote, I always finish frustrated with stupid thinks like this. Almost the same iOS editor in almost 10 years. Can anybody at Evernote please give me a clue about what are you doing in a normal workday? 
I think I’m done with Evernote. I will modify my workflow and I will start using other tools. 
And yes, this is just a message from a frustrated user that after 10 minutes trying to figure out how to inser a table in a note discovers it is not possible. A note taking app that not allows insert tables... I imagine taking notes is not the core business of Evernote... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
12 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I see the core business as a filing service

I find Evernote's note editor adequate for basic notes; for serious writing I use dedicated word processing apps.  

Mmmm, filing service. You mean like Dropbox? Or iCloud. Or Drive. So you're right. I can kill my EN service and just switch to one of the MANY note apps that synchs on Dropbox or even iCloud. How FOOLISH of me to presume EverNOTE is a NOTE service. What was I thinking? What gave me THAT idea? Silly me! EN has a leading position here, but as noted the competion has upped the game. Last thing I want to do is resort to Office, though OneNote is looking pretty good. Especially some of the random "usability" changes that seem like changes for the sake of changes. The only thing keeping me in really is hundreds of notes in EN. But a migration is not that hard. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 hours ago, Johnson Roberts said:

I can kill my EN service and just switch to one of the MANY note apps that synchs on Dropbox or even iCloud.

As backup, I export my notes to an iCloud folder
It's functional; I can view and edit my notes - I prefer the Evernote environment

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
6 hours ago, RubenVot said:

If you had to find a workaround for inserting tables then you need tables.

I'm actually working on multiple platforms
I find the Mac/Windows platforms have many features not available on other platforms; including tables

>>which, by the way, doesn't exist as an Evernote feature but due to the users effort duplicating notes

So, you think it's my fault?

My impression is in the beginning, tables weren’t supported by the IOS api’s

Now the api support  is available, it’s a question of priorities.  We need to inform Evernote this request is supported by the User population.  Please show your support using the voting buttons in the top left corner of the discussion

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 minute ago, DTLow said:

I find the Mac/Windows platforms have many features not available on other platforms; including tables

Do you mean Windows Evernote and Mac Evernote have different features, and do you find it normal and you agree with it? 

I just can't understand it. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 minutes ago, RubenVot said:

Do you mean Windows Evernote and Mac Evernote have different features, and do you find it normal and you agree with it? 

I just can't understand it. 

Yes, many different features including3-Tasten-Maus_Microsoft.jpg.f6b8b42ba7ad932e4db437574fba6c97.jpg

 

I understand it

 

Evernote's working towards a common editor, but there will always be device/platdorm  limitations

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I agree that all explanations to the effect of "well, Evernote iOS just doesn't do that, and that's the way we think it should be period, get used to it," are stupid.

Because parallel behavior between platforms.

Because duh.

A few other silly things about this otherwise great software program over the years. Funny that they chose to try to add office messaging and scheduling features, but have not ironed out their core functionality a little smoother along the way. And I have been paying my $5 a month for years, mostly as a thank-you to support the product...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
22 minutes ago, Chris Burbridge said:

I agree that all explanations to the effect of "well, Evernote iOS just doesn't do that, and that's the way we think it should be period, get used to it," are stupid.

I haven’t read those explanations but I’ve read that we can post feature requests and show our support using the voting buttons in the upper left corner of the discussion.  I added my vote

The vote is one of the factors used by Evernote in prioritizing development work

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 8/15/2017 at 10:07 PM, Chris Burbridge said:

I agree that all explanations to the effect of "well, Evernote iOS just doesn't do that, and that's the way we think it should be period, get used to it," are stupid.

Because parallel behavior between platforms.

Because duh.

A few other silly things about this otherwise great software program over the years. Funny that they chose to try to add office messaging and scheduling features, but have not ironed out their core functionality a little smoother along the way. And I have been paying my $5 a month for years, mostly as a thank-you to support the product...

Yep, so frustrating... It is the best solution in the market but with the worst tools. I also started to pay so many time ago... I started using Evernote in the university, and the first time I paid was because I need to have offline access to my notes of computer engineering. Now I´m a senior product manager and still paying for Evernote...

I´ve seen the evolution from the product from a small and trendy startup to the moment they start to develope crazy stuff. For some time I think they had like a dozen of different apps in the App Store. Then they started with the workchat, and smart content in your notes (aka spam in your notes). Then the developers just started to scape from the company and I had to find a method to backup all my stuff because I was expecting that Evernote will close soon, but luckily they just changed the CEO... 

It´s a long story, I wonder why nobody had even a pair of weeks to include tables in iOS apps xD Even the editor of this forum is better than the editor of iOS... 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Table frustration continues.  So I followed the compromise suggestion to set up a template table on the desktop app (even though that's lame) and then opened my table template note (there actually aren't true templates in EN, that's a good idea:-). But alas when I opened the preformatted note in iOS it totally lost the column widths and is TOTALLY UNUSABLE. TOTALLY UNUSABLE. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 hours ago, Johnson Roberts said:

But alas when I opened the preformatted note in iOS it totally lost the column widths and is TOTALLY UNUSABLE.

This bug was reported with earlier versions of Evernote, but I thought it had been resolved.
Are you on the current versions of Evernote?

You may have to redo your tables; iOS seemed to lock in the column width error

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 hours ago, Johnson Roberts said:

Table frustration continues.  So I followed the compromise suggestion to set up a template table on the desktop app (even though that's lame) and then opened my table template note (there actually aren't true templates in EN, that's a good idea:-). But alas when I opened the preformatted note in iOS it totally lost the column widths and is TOTALLY UNUSABLE. TOTALLY UNUSABLE. 

Don’t lose your time with this. I tried every reasonable way to do it and the only way I found was switch to another software.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 hours ago, DTLow said:

Switching software is always an option; however I’m not ready to give up the Evernote features.

What software did you switch to?

For complicated notes with table views and advance formatting I’m using OneNote. I don’t want to change Evernote either but what can I do? 

The only reasonable solutions are moving to other software or requesting a job in Evernote and implement the iOS tables myself ?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
12 minutes ago, RubenVot said:

For complicated notes with table views and advance formatting I’m using OneNote.

I find the Evernote editor adequate for basic notes

For serious work, I switch to dedicated editor apps; word processing, spreadsheets etc

I share the documents to Evernote for filing; I see Evernote’s strength as my digital file. I don’t like the filing in OneNote

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I use Dropbox for straight storage, and it works great for that. EN is my note-taking solution, not a storage solution. Granted it does some random storage things like email and web clipping that Dropbox doesn't address, but it's forte is supposed to be note-taking. I'm all for the simplicity approach and anti-feature bloat. But we know this is possible. iOS is a good example of measured feature evolution (and maybe it's gone too far). Tables are a basic function to organized structured note information, and I find this a huge massive limitation. My notes are getting more sophisticated but Evernote's not able to follow. 

Look at the two examples attached. 

 

 

mac_EN_Table.jpg

iOS_EN_Table.PNG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 minutes ago, Johnson Roberts said:

I use Dropbox for straight storage, and it works great for that. EN is my note-taking solution, not a storage solution. Granted it does some random storage things like email and web clipping that Dropbox doesn't address, but it's forte is supposed to be note-taking. I'm all for the simplicity approach and anti-feature bloat. But we know this is possible. iOS is a good example of measured feature evolution (and maybe it's gone too far). Tables are a basic function to organized structured note information, and I find this a huge massive limitation. My notes are getting more sophisticated but Evernote's not able to follow. 

Look at the two examples attached. 

 

 

mac_EN_Table.jpg

iOS_EN_Table.PNG

The intended approach, as suggested earlier in this thread and others, was to create a blank "template" on Mac, and then enter data on iOS. Basically fill the table out on iPad as ideas came through (this is a writing tool and I do brainstorming using the iPad in mobile situations).  This obviously doesn't work. I have hundreds of notes in EN - would be good to know whether Evernote is going to focus on this now, or if I should just jump ship. This is basically a make or break feature for me now. iTunes/App store is a bottomless abyss, though I will leave another criticism there (subtract another star if there are any left). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

100% agree with @Johnson Roberts. If I need to use Word for basic note taking I will save it in G.Drive or Dropbox because it works better for this. 

I also agree that Dropbox should clarify its plans so we can take good decission and not feel like waiting forever for basic features 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
21 hours ago, Johnson Roberts said:

I use Dropbox for straight storage, and it works great for that. EN is my note-taking solution, not a storage solution.

Why not use EN for a storage solution.  Most of the complaints are about Evernote’s editor

>>but it's forte is supposed to be note-taking

I find the Evernote editor features are limited.  The editor is adequate for basic notes, but I use dedicated editor apps for serious work

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
4 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Why not use EN for a storage solution.  Most of the complaints are about Evernote’s editor

OK, maybe I'm behind the checkboxes, but I use Dropbox to store a lot more than notes. Things I've already created or collected, in a wide range of formats, including audio, video, other document formats, and then also share it out. And notes in other formats. Has EN become a total storage solution now? They haven't got the notes right yet, so would concern me that they can't stay focused enough because they're off expanding the kingdom. 

Evernote's intent is to CREATE, EDIT and then store/access the notes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 minutes ago, Johnson Roberts said:

Has EN become a total storage solution now?

You can attach any file to a note, regardless of format

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

You can attach any file to a note, regardless of format

You can attach one document to a note. For example you can create a table a matrix of Document name - PDF and this is very nice to store for example taxes information or invoices... 

But how do you store 400 pictures in a note? Does it make sense to attach 15 videos to a note to import later with Final Cut? Evernote works quite fine with documents but it is not a competitor for DropBox or Drive. Why would you attach files to a note instead just drag the files to a filesystem folder like dropbox?  @DTLow I really don't understand the kind of user of Evernote you are, did you ever try using other solutions? 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

@DTLow I have to recognize I do agree with your point of view about grouping documents. I am a freelancer and I am always trying to find a way to keep the invoices & expenses sorted and indexed. The problem with Evernote is that it requires too much work to do basic stuff because the lack of a good editor... I use Evernote to keep - as you said- personal documents which are discrete and easily accountable. But, the system doesn't scale, (I even tried to automate some stuff with IFTTTT) but at the end it just doesn't work. Currently I'm trying a new system based in the GDocs suite, linking files from G.Drive in spreadsheets. Anyway, it is still not a good system. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 hours ago, Johnson Roberts said:

Look at the two examples attached. 

It looks like your template tables are corrupted

This is my example

634C9417-1343-4231-8B65-F182841CEE50.thumb.jpeg.1dd385d27b7a4c0ae9d3d20573d62e35.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
21 hours ago, Johnson Roberts said:

but it's forte is supposed to be note-taking

I might add search and paperless to this.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

giphy.gif

Evernote for Mac 6.12 Release Notes

Major improvements to tables!

Some highlights of what you can do with tables now:

  • Add more rows and columns with a single click: Point to where you want a new column and click the plus button that appears.
  • Choose the entire column or row just by clicking the header.
  • Drag and drop entire rows & columns.
  • Copy and paste multiple cells: Select the cells you want to move, copy them, move cursor to a new spot and paste all the cells with one click.
  • Adjust the width of one column without affecting the width of the column next to it.
  • Scroll horizontally to view a table with many columns without expanding your window.
  • Hover within a cell to activate advanced table options. 
    • You can distribute columns evenly
    • Match the table width to the width of your window
    • Change the alignment of items within cells
    • Add and change background colorsQuickly add rows and columns – via the plus button

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, RubenVot said:

Evernote for Mac 6.12 Release Notes

FYI   Mac and IOS are different platforms/devices.  There’s no point in posting Mac release notes in the IOS forum.  The features you posted are not supported in the IOS platform

Also, I’m not into BooHoo posts.  If you wish to add your support for this request, there are voting buttons at the top left corner of the discussion. Current vote count is 59b59db74dd27_ScreenShot2017-09-10at13_16_22.png.ef7a750c857fa23acc1305d39ad6ed37.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Yep, sorry. I though we´ve been talking about tables edition the last 20 messages and maybe I thought this could be interesting for the other people in thread which have different opinion than you. I mean, all except you. But maybe you are right, maybe the most important in this thread is the platform and the possibilities of using Evernote as a fill system. 
In this case , again, my sincere apologies for posting useless information about tables edition in a post about tables edition. .  
 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 8/28/2017 at 2:21 PM, DTLow said:

Why not use EN for a storage solution.  Most of the complaints are about Evernote’s editor

>>but it's forte is supposed to be note-takingI find the Evernote editor features are limited.  The editor is adequate for basic notes, but I use dedicated editor apps for serious work

Because I want to use it for its advertised purpose. It's in the name: that "NOTE" bit.  Why do 10 things half ass when you can do your core function at 100% + ?  Sorry, I work in SW and this is kind of a #1 rule for experienced successful developers. Boiling the ocean and going for a data sheet check boxes recipe for ***** software. Get the note taking part right, then you might get my business for other things. This is a subscription model and we're funding ongoing development -- that's my expectation. If I just paid $10 for a simple app, then yeah, I could accept this. But sorry, EN is getting that much per month and not delivery constant evolution, it's breaking new ground before the foundation is finished. Basically a Titanic situation. Crossing iceberg waters driving a barely pond-worthy vessel. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Please add more formatting functionality for IOS that is not limited to Mac or vice versa. Was trying OneNote and the ability to insert tables etc. is just convenient and efficient. OneNote is still lacking syncing capability which I feel that Evernote is really good at. So please, keep me from leaving Evernote and start keeping up with the competition.  

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Dear All,  I have read all of the statements in regard to tables and would like to add my voice of discontent with this new Version 8 for Evernote.

My comment is, what was so wrong with the previous toolbar.  I was watching a video on the new features and to me it seems both presenters were users that wanted to add a lot of photos, etc. via the new photo feature.

I was using Everenote and then moved to One-note but became disillusioned due to the difficulty of getting it to update across my work Laptop with my iPad.  Evernote, in this instance, is much better and I liked the layout which appears, to me, better than one-note.

I hope that Evernote sees sense and puts back the tool bar as it appeared in previous versions.

Just downloaded Evernote to my PC laptop and it has all of the old features which is good.  So wondering if I create a tabled note in the laptop and see if it updates in the iPad.  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 2018-01-07 at 12:46 AM, slc6638 said:

So wondering if I create a tabled note in the laptop and see if it updates in the iPad.

My experience is that "tabled notes" sync to the iPad and are displayed correctly

Be aware that the IOS platform has no table update functions.  You can not create tables, or adjust rows or columns

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I’ve been a loyal Evernote user for many years, and Tables kept me on the platform when I could have gone to another app. Now, in the current iOS version, you CAN’T CREATE OR EDIT A TABLE?! It’s driving me nuts. Am I wrong, we used to be able to do this, right? Why can’t we now? I use the copy and paste workaround but it’s unacceptable. Please, Evernote, will you restore this capacity?? 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 2018-01-13 at 7:28 AM, TMalark said:

I’ve been a loyal Evernote user for many years, and Tables kept me on the platform when I could have gone to another app. Now, in the current iOS version, you CAN’T CREATE OR EDIT A TABLE?! It’s driving me nuts. Am I wrong, we used to be able to do this, right? Why can’t we now? I use the copy and paste workaround but it’s unacceptable. Please, Evernote, will you restore this capacity?? 

We have never been able to create/edit tables in Evernote/IOS

I can add a row using the tab key at the last cell

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

From the notes for v8.8IMG_2042.thumb.jpg.322f3984218c5ba026fe1763a658c4ec.jpg

Its a step towards adding table functions to IOS
It will work better when we can adjust the column widths

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 7/19/2017 at 10:11 PM, DTLow said:

I see the core business more as a filing service

I find Evernote's note editor adequate for basic notes; for serious writing I use dedicated word processing apps.  Evernote works well with office/iworks documents
I get around the table imitation by having templates with tables

I guess it would help if Evernote clarified what its core business is. I can see how some people believe that Evernote’s primary purpose is to take notes (this is how I use the app).

To get back to the discussion, I don’t know why it is necessary for people to demand that a service be offered because they are paying for premium service. As a customer, I can clearly see which services I am receiving with premium membership. It says nothing about the ability to add tables as being included in the service.

It would be great if EN did give us the ability to create tables, but I will stick to requesting it for now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
9 hours ago, Principal Moo said:

I will stick to requesting it for now.

Please also add your vote to feature requests to indicate your support.  
Voting buttons are at the top left corner of the discussion.

>>I guess it would help if Evernote clarified what its core business is.

I'm clear on the "Remember Everthing", but I also get excited about feature announcements, only to find out Win/Mac only.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
22 hours ago, Principal Moo said:

I don’t know why it is necessary for people to demand that a service be offered because they are paying for premium service.

It's not just paid accounts; non-paying users are also demanding features/service

Note: Evernote does not charge for the software or upgrades.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 2/23/2018 at 6:29 AM, Principal Moo said:

I don’t know why it is necessary for people to demand that a service be offered because they are paying for premium service.

I agree with your confusion - when you buy into Evernote,  it's pretty clear what package you're paying for.  Demanding extra bells and whistles 'because I'm a paying customer' is like your boss telling you that you'll need to work extra shifts from now on 'because I pay your wages'. 

And another favorite - (not saying anyone here has done this) threatening a multi-million dollar company that you'll withdraw your payments if they don't straighten out and deliver your preferred feature is... unproductive. 

If thousands of users leave,  they might take notice.  One person isn't worth the development cost of any new feature.  Not to mention the irony that the disputed extra might be on the route map anyway for next year,  or maybe the year after...  but there are lots of other tasks to complete first. 

Evernote don't (usually) comment unless they have something constructive to say.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
6 hours ago, gazumped said:

I agree with your confusion - when you buy into Evernote,  it's pretty clear what package you're paying for.  Demanding extra bells and whistles 'because I'm a paying customer' is like your boss telling you that you'll need to work extra shifts from now on 'because I pay your wages'. 

And another favorite - (not saying anyone here has done this) threatening a multi-million dollar company that you'll withdraw your payments if they don't straighten out and deliver your preferred feature is... unproductive. 

If thousands of users leave,  they might take notice.  One person isn't worth the development cost of any new feature.  Not to mention the irony that the disputed extra might be on the route map anyway for next year,  or maybe the year after...  but there are lots of other tasks to complete first. 

Evernote don't (usually) comment unless they have something constructive to say.  :)

Only caveat I would have for this is when current functionality is removed which impacts "significantly" how folks use EN.  A few in recent memory are presentation mode, the PDF viewer, Atlas. 

I know if isn't always possible, but it seems if one starts using a product and a bit of functionality is key to a workflow it isn't an unreasonable expectation that the functionality persists.  Of course if the usage is an outlier, stuff happens.  Don't think the three examples were outliers though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

iPad became a working tool and Evernote is ignoring this fact.

Please guys, treat iOS as a content creation tool.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

So this was posted OVER 2 years ago and it is still not on the iOS app???

For organised people tables look nicer so creating/editing them on the iOS app would be very helpful. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
8 hours ago, StephenB said:

So this was posted OVER 2 years ago and it is still not on the iOS app???

For organised people tables look nicer so creating/editing them on the iOS app would be very helpful. 

 

Got to settings - advanced editing to enable table creation.  Still can't add rows/columns to existing tables as best I know.  Organized people might check settings from time to time.  ?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, CalS said:

Got to settings - advanced editing to enable table creation.  Still can't add rows/columns to existing tables as best I know. 

To add a row, position the cursor in the last cell, then press tab (external keyboard)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

To add a row, position the cursor in the last cell, then press tab (external keyboard)

Yup. But without an external keyboard, SOL.  

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Guest John Baglio
On 5/9/2017 at 10:41 AM, inkytea said:

In same boat. Love Evernote, been using it since it's early days when I was a college student, now using it in the context of both home and work.

It used to be I used Evernote primarily on desktop, but I'm using it more and more on my phone. I'd expect the software to be able to keep up with the way users interact with tech.

Tables are a huge help for organizing information, and I'm finding myself having to open Google Sheets more and more to "take the notes" I want to take. It's a silly little thing, but for the amount of info we have to organize today, being able to make a simple table in my note app is an expectation. 

 

It's just a barrier to getting ideas down quickly and in one place... which is what I really love about Evernote. I've been working around this one simple workflow for months, and it's getting to the point where I'm not sure if the info is in Evernote or someplace else. If it doesn't get fixed soon I might just move everything over to Google Docs so at least everything will be in one place again. I really love Evernote though so hoping this simple request gets fixed. 

1. Please add tables to mobile.

2. Make editing them more intuitive on desktop (Dropbox Paper does this wonderfully!)

Plus one!  My sentiments exactly. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hi, anything new to this topic? The feature of add in rows to a table in iPad is still missing. Is it possible to do this on an android tablet? If so, i consider buying an android tablet next. 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 1/16/2019 at 8:39 PM, chenhu66 said:

Hi, anything new to this topic? The feature of add in rows to a table in iPad is still missing. Is it possible to do this on an android tablet? If so, i consider buying an android tablet next. 

Hi.  Nothing that I'm aware of,  and I have an Android tablet that can't edit tables either.  AFAIK it's a desktop-only option - Mac/ Windows/ Web

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Really no response from Evernote? This is an old request from people who prefer working on iPad and mobiles. Please consider us! ☹️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
16 hours ago, MonicaMoreno said:

Please consider us! 

To add your support to a feature request, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion. 
This request currently has 1764594835_ScreenShot2019-07-30at07_43_18.png.bce11c891d554240d20b378dc4862f1c.png votes

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Not sure if it has been mentioned already...

Simply open a template with a table in it, copy the table, and then paste into your new document.

Share this post


Link to post
  • -2
37 minutes ago, RubenVot said:

You can attach one document to a note. For example you can create a table a matrix of Document name - PDF and this is very nice to store for example taxes information or invoices... 

No limit; as many documents as needed. Images, PDFs, Word, Spreadsheets

I definitely wouldn’t attach 400 pictures to a note.  There are much better photo storage solutions.  I use the Apple photos app

I keep my notes small and single purpose.

>>Why would you attach files to a note instead just drag the files to a filesystem folder like dropbox?

I’m more concerned about retrieving my data.  For example, all my insurance data for 2015

Sometimes, the “note” is spread over multiple files.  For example a couple of images and a pdf.  Maybe also a word document.  I want these all linked together.  Not sure how to do that in Dropbox, (folders?)

>> I really don't understand the kind of user of Evernote you are, did you ever try using other solutions? 

I’m an experienced Evernote User.    I’ve tried many solutions and chose Evernote as my single filing solution (except for photos and music)

50+ years experience in data processing (computer programming), so I’m more technical than typical users

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • -2
13 minutes ago, Johnson Roberts said:

This is a subscription model and we're funding ongoing development -- that's my expectation.

The software is free; upgrades are free

I pay for a subscription to have access to extended service features — that’s my expectation

You’re welcome to add your support for this feature request.  Voting buttons are at the top left corner of the discussion

Share this post


Link to post
  • -3
21 minutes ago, RubenVot said:

Don’t lose your time with this. I tried every reasonable way to do it and the only way I found was switch to another software.

Switching software is always an option; however I’m not ready to give up the Evernote features.

What software did you switch to?

Share this post


Link to post
  • -3
38 minutes ago, RubenVot said:

I thought this could be interesting for the other people in thread which have different opinion than you. I mean, all except you.

My opinion is that this discussion is a feature request for Evernote to add table support to the editor in IOS platform
I indicated my support using the voting buttons in the top left corner of the discussion

I also posted my work-around by using alternate editors

>>the possibilities of using Evernote as a fill system

I think Evernote’s strength is as digital file; along with data sync to my devices.  I use Evernote for all my filing

Share this post


Link to post
  • -4
16 hours ago, RubenVot said:

A note taking app that not allows insert tables... I imagine taking notes is not the core business of Evernote... 

I see the core business more as a filing service

I find Evernote's note editor adequate for basic notes; for serious writing I use dedicated word processing apps.  Evernote works well with office/iworks documents
I get around the table imitation by having templates with tables

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...