Migrating Notes from Previous...

Lagomorph

Idea

Hi All

Once again I'm getting the Migrating Notes from Previous Version ever time I open Evernote. I've tried mucking about with it to see if I can get the message to go away but so far no luck. I've looked at the other forums about doing a reinstall. But that doesn't seem to do the trick either.

Any suggestions?

Cheers, 

Andrea

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Lagomorph said:

Migrating Notes from Previous Version

I'd suggest a opening a support ticket; however I'm sure they would recommend a reinstall.
My impression is that if you do a reinstall properly - Evernote is completed erased from your machine and you are starting fresh - there is no migration of notes.  You will have a new copy of the app and your notes will be downloaded from the server.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Lagomorph said:

I've looked at the other forums about doing a reinstall. But that doesn't seem to do the trick either.

A normal reinstall only reinstalls the app, leaving your local copy of notes intact.  If that has not worked, then you may want to consider a clean reinstall.  This will remove all of Evernote from youf Mac, including the data, so that the reinstall does a fresh download of your notes.

See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac 

Archived