I don't understand why in the latest update of the Evernote desktop client you have statically changed the hotkeys. I want to be able to set my own hotkeys. I also want to be able to determine what things get autoformatted in a note. I do want asterisks to change into bullet points, but I don't want a sequence of dashes to change into a horizontal rule. These options should be opened up so the user can customize, just like in Adobe Photoshop. I love setting my own hotkeys and using them in Photoshop, it makes me so much more productive. If you did this it would make Evernote much more pleasurable to use.

Hi.  You seem to be talking about the autoformat process that creates lists and lines based on your typing.  Some OS's now include an option to switch that off in Settings.  If you are talking about keyboard shortcuts,  have a look at some of the options here in Evernote's Help Center

Hi, thanks. Yes I'm glad I can toggle the autoformatting for lists and lines, but in my preferences on Mac, I can only toggle them all as a group, with a checkbox for "Keyboard shortcuts automatically create lists, lines, and emojis". I'm just saying I wish I could choose which items get autoformatted. Same with keyboard shortcuts, I wish they were like Photoshop where you can define your own shortcuts. This way the features you use can be linked to convenient or intuitive key combos.

6 hours ago, goutos19 said:

I'm just saying I wish I could choose which items get autoformatted. Same with keyboard shortcuts, I wish they were like Photoshop where you can define your own shortcuts. This way the features you use can be linked to convenient or intuitive key combos.

I agree it would be helpful if Evernote would provide us with more Preferences/Options so that we can customize the Evernote app to our liking.

Until/IF that happens, and if you need stuff like autoformatting of specific stuff a lot, then it may be worthwhile for you to invest in tools like  TextExpander and/or Keyboard Maestro (for the Mac).  I have both, and use both of them many times a day.

Can anyone please teach me how to change shortcuts...
Im interested in change the HIGHIGHT shortcut from the original mode (Ctrl + Shift + H) to (command + H)

On 10/21/2018 at 1:00 PM, Otto P. said:

Can anyone please teach me how to change shortcuts...
Im interested in change the HIGHIGHT shortcut from the original mode (Ctrl + Shift + H) to (command + H)

The only customizable shortcuts can be seen in Tools > Options > Shortcut keys. That's on Windows; it may be different on Mac. On Windows, the formatting shortcuts can't be customized.

1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

The only customizable shortcuts can be seen in Tools > Options > Shortcut keys. That's on Windows; it may be different on Mac. On Windows, the formatting shortcuts can't be customized.

Unless you roll your own.... with a text expander of some sort.

4 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

On Macs, the OS allows customized shortcuts for any menu item.