Web clipper / Clearly suggestion

F. Andy Seidl

Idea

Evernote Clearly was (still is) a great tool. It's too bad it's going away, but I'm glad that Web Clipper has inherited the simplified page view capabilities.

Here's a suggestion for a minor change that would make simplified page view in Web Clipper almost as useful as Clearly: Make it easy to minimize the Web Clipper dialog box to get it out of the way of reading the simplified page view.

As it currently works, the Web Clipper dialog obscures part of the simplified page and there's no way to get rid it of while retaining the simplified page view.

Thanks!

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, F. Andy Seidl said:

Here's a suggestion for a minor change that would make simplified page view in Web Clipper almost as useful as Clearly: Make it easy to minimize the Web Clipper dialog box to get it out of the way of reading the simplified page view.

I agree.  This is urgently needed regardless of the Web Clipper option.  We definitely need a way to minimize (by both shortcut and mouse) the Web clipper dialog box.

New viewers/readers of this thread, if you want this feature, please vote for it by clicking on the vote up button EN-Forum-Up-Vote.png.eaf9c6c8398a8943a7e at the top of this page.

Win 8.1, Firefox 44.0.2, 64 bit capable hardware...I have Clearly (fortunately), disappointed they have discontinued it, so installed Web Clipper to see how it "simplifies" pages...NOT.

Why does Evernote claim Web Clipper has the same functionality of Clearly to strip out all the JUNK from a web page when it "Clearly" DOESN'T?

With all the problems other users have noted, I think Evernote should re-support Clearly until they can get a proper fix included in Web Clipper...if that's at all possible...we'll see what they decide to do, then we can decide whether to stay with Evernote or go elsewhere.

Chas

On 3/4/2016 at 6:02 PM, F. Andy Seidl said:

Update: We released Web Clipper 6.9. The Web Clipper panel can now be minimized. Thanks again for suggesting it.

Archived