Idea

Hi everyone!

First of all, Evernote it's a great and helpfull app. Thanks for that.

I don't know if anyone suggested this before, but, it would be great if we had an option to "archive" old notes.
I mean, with the pass of time, more and more notes accumulate. I erase some of them, but I would like to keep others saved, just in case, but not in the main menu.

I think it would be very helpfull, to keep everything more organized. And not a very difficult option to add.

Well, that's all!

• Like 2

5 replies to this idea

13 hours ago, mkblaze said:

I don't know if anyone suggested this before, but, it would be great if we had an option to "archive" old notes.

I mean, with the pass of time, more and more notes accumulate. I erase some of them, but I would like to keep others saved, just in case, but not in the main menu.

It's been discussed in the forums, but we've seen nothing from Evernote.

My process has been to apply an !Archive tag to notes,
and use -tag:!Archive in searches to exclude my archives.

There have been other suggestions but while I want to identify notes as archived, I  also want to keep them at hand.

• Like 1

Yeah - low priority idea I think.  You can have an Archive tag,  a notebook,  or even use a separate free account (with a different email address) to keep your notes at half-arms' length.  See other threads for more details on those.

• Like 1

We need an archive or hide option. Having to move notes around notebooks and accounts is an arduous method. It requires putting more effort into the note itself, when several users retain context by the current Notebook a note is in. Recreating a bunch of 'archive' notebooks is not a reasonable answer for the sake of wanting to hide a note from the list of active notes within a Notebook.

• Like 1

There doesn't seem much interest in this request - the vote count is 0 (voting buttons are at the very top left corner of the discussion.

Did you see my !Archive tag process in the post above.

This is a logical feature and needed for a number of reasons. Having to include -!Archive to every search to exclude archived notes is a bit of jumping through hoops for something that should be fairly easy and obvious, and useful to many users in a number of use cases. If you use EverNote for Project Management at all, it's really a necessity for closed-out projects.

I'd attribute the vote count being low because there are so many separate threads asking for an Archive Note and / or Archive Notebook feature.

• Like 1