New note dialog automatically minimizes

When I attempt to create a new note, by any of the available methods, a new window flashes on my screen and immediately minimizes it self to the bottom of the screen.  However, it doesn't actually appear as a minimized window, it just disappears.  So I have no means of creating new notes on my PC.   I can create new notes fine on my Android device and sync them with my PC and then modify the note on the PC.  Just can't create a new note on the pc.

I'm running an up to date version of Windows 10.

Don't worry about this post now.  I've just managed to get the new note window to display.  It was on my second screen.  Dragging it to the primary and it seems to work fine.  Can even drag it back to the secondary and start a new note in the secondary.  It was probably a Windows issue rather than an application issue.

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you look at the bottom left of your post in the forums,  you should see some green headings,  including "Options".  Click the down-arrow next to that,  and you'll have the choice of deleting this topic if you wish...

• 9 months later...

It sounds as tho the remembered location for the window is now off-screen (I guess we're not checking that - huh, thought we were...) There are 2 workarounds:

- press alt+space to bring up the system context menu on that window, use the keyboard arrows to select move, hit return, use one of the arrow keys to start the move sequence, then twitch the mouse. (this will work with any off-screen window that has the keyboard focus)

- Completely shutdown EN, open the registry and delete the key HKCU/Sotware/Evernote/Evernote/WindowPlacement/SingleNoteView

• 4 weeks later...

I encountered this  issue few times, when pressing New Note it minimized, and this was frustrating.

Simple solution, you don't need to do any registry edit. 

1) Quit all the notes except the main note that has @ on header

2) Sign out of the Evernote

3) Quite Evernote application on window - make sure no instances of Evernote is running

4) Start Evernote application

5) Sign back in - 

These simple steps fixed the issue of new note minimize in window application of Evernote.

Also, Evernote app in windows by Sign in and signing out in windows fixes other issues as well, like my notebooks were not being sorted after I created new Notebook, I simply sign-out and sign-in and my notebooks were all sorted in windows Evernote application.

I had a ticket opened with Evernote support, and Evernote suggested to deinstall and remove all the data, reinstall to sync. This was too painful for simple sorting issue of notebooks, so I just used the magic sign-ing in and out of Evernote.

• 1 year later...

Solved: 

When I open the new note using shortcut, it always opens correctly. This shortcut is more convinent than opening new note from the main program. 

Shortcut Action
Ctrl + Alt + N New note

Archived