Request: download order headings newest -> oldest

Floris

Idea

Hey! Recently I installed the app on a new device and waited for the notes I wanted to see to be present. Sadly, the app first downloaded the headings of about 10,000 older, irrelevant notes. This meant I couldn’t work for about five minutes, which of course isn’t that big of a problem, but it would’ve been nicer if my newest, so probably most relevant, notes were available first.

Also mentioned this to the team on Twitter, but they advised me to post it here, too.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Had you logged into your account via the web,  you would have been able to see only the notes you chose.  As you installed the app,  it sensibly caught you fully up to date and copied your database to that machine. 

My most relevant notes are usually existing dialogues that have been around for a while,  so while syncing Updated dates first might be useful - that would catch everything created recently as well as anything I worked on recently.  That could be a lot of notes.  IMHO this is very much a one-off situation that doesn't really need fixing...

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Floris said:

Sadly, the app first downloaded the headings of about 10,000 older, irrelevant notes. This meant I couldn’t work for about five minutes, which of course isn’t that big of a problem, but it would’ve been nicer if my newest, so probably most relevant, notes were available first.

I'm not sure if Evernote would follow up on this - it seems to be limited use feature
5 minutes is probably right - I gather it wasn't to offline notebooks, which could take hours, but you could control which notebook

For 5 minutes, I would have take a coffee break; but if I needed access to notes, I would have used the web platform.

• Level 5*

Sure - Evernote own the board on this,  so they'll consider the suggestion impartially anyway - like the sig says I'm just another user;  I'd rather they fix a long shopping list of things that should and don't (always) work first,  rather than change something that actually does... ;) 

After we get the fixes,  then I'm happy if they can start remodelling...

Archived