Journaling app "YourDay" with full Evernote integration

Hi,

I am currently developing an Journaling app with full Evernote Integration. This app took a lot of inspiration from vJournal and DayOne. Think of DayOne (or sort of) just build for Evernote. The App will be hopefully launching in May/June 2016. It would be very nice, if someone here could test the app or  give me a real feedback. Even negative feedback is very appreciated. 

Features:

• 100% native iOS Application for iPhone, iPod, iPad and iPad Pro
  • Very easy way to capturing from notes, pictures. Similar to social media tools like Twitter. Very much inspirited from vJournal.
  • All journal Entries are combined to a day. No cluttered notes. The entries in a day are always sorted by time so you can later add note entries for past days
  • Beautiful animated calendar
  • Very easy access to all your recent photos. Used photos are check marked for convenience.
  • Full native Apple Watch Integration. I love taking notes for journal on the go.
  • Full offline support.
  • Support for Google Places
  • Fully editable Journal Pages
  • Crop your photos before you attach them 

Links:

All 3 devices.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 for Android.  I am currently looking to start journaling.  I wish to do most of my journaling with good old pen and paper, but want to be able to readily digitize it into some form of journaling application, or just into Evernote.  So far evernote, via the document camera, seems to be the best option for combining the pen and paper world with the digital world of journaling.  Would love to see more options out there. 

This seems interesting, because I was looking into using Evernote as a journal/diary between me and another person.

I'm not exactly sure how your app would work with Evernote in practice, but would it still allow me to share a notebook with another person?
So, meaning that I would open the journal up to another person so we could both leave notes in it.
Or is it just closed off to just the user/creator?

Hi,

to be honest, there is no test version yet. I wanted to check out people with interest for testing.  I hope, I could make a test version in April. I would be very proud, if I you would participate in testing at this time. 

Thank you,

P.S: As a german person I first struggled a bit with your avatar name. Last year I played the game "Hearts of Iron III" and this vehicle was somewhat important there. :)

Hi MichaelAH,

Your described scenario should be very possible, but I haven't tested it so far. The idea of the app is,that you can make very easy a journal entry, like a tweet in Twitter or a messenger app. You enter or dictate your text and send it to your journal. Boom. 

The entry consists of text, time, the location and a picture. the YourDay App searches the note with the date in the notebook for the year. The entry will be appended or inserted at the right time in the day. 

Furthermore all journal notes will be  synchronized with your app so you can browse your journal even if you are offline. You can even edit your journal in the aftermath. 

In Evernote your journal is build as a notebook stack for YourDay and a notebook for every year. 

You can use all Evernote functions and you can edit and extend your journal as well. Changes will be synchronized and even conflicts will be merged. 

I am writing this on my phone so there may be a lot of errors in the text. 

Greetings André. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Evernote Expert
On 09/03/2016 at 11:51 AM, Chaosspeeder said:

Hi,

to be honest, there is no test version yet. I wanted to check out people with interest for testing.  I hope, I could make a test version in April. I would be very proud, if I you would participate in testing at this time. 

Thank you,

P.S: As a german person I first struggled a bit with your avatar name. Last year I played the game "Hearts of Iron III" and this vehicle was somewhat important there. :)

I was a die hard fan of World of Tanks, but i don't have the luxury of fast internet in my new place to play that game anymore :(:) 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, thewiccaman said:

Would certainly go for this. Wish you well on its development. Happy to offer to beta test it.

Thank you very much. I work on the app as a side project and I currently working to create a beta version. As soon, as the beta is available, I will publish all needed information here. Thank you and Happy Easter

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Panzerkampfwagen said:

I was a die hard fan of World of Tanks, but i don't have the luxury of fast internet in my new place to play that game anymore :(:) 

I'm sorry for you. Really, Fast internet is even in Germany a rather rare option.

• 1 month later...

Hi ..was looking for such an app from a few months now. I was using DayOne for some time now, but with the discontinuation of their iCloud support, I'd much prefer Evernote integration with my iPhone and Mac, rather than invest in a new Diary app.

Thanks for this and I'd love to participate in the test mode.

Thanks!

Good luck with the development, I think it's a great idea and would be happy to beta test for you. If it works as described I'd happily pay. 

I am currently a DayOne user, and have always wanted Evernote to bring out a diary app. 

Thanks.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

je viens de découvrir votre post ici, et je suis tout de suite aller lire votre site internet.

J'adore cette idée, je pense qu'elle peut répondre très bien à ce que je recherche.

j'ai chercher l'application "yourday" sur apple store (sur votre site il est indiqué que c'est disponible maintenant, mais le bouton ne fonctionne pas)

je ne la trouve pas.

j'espère que vous pouvez avancer comme vous le souhaitez.

Cdlt

Solila

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

So whatever happened to this idea.  It was a good one.  When I thought about journaling, first thought was how could I emulate Day One in Evernote.  And here this is... or rather is not.  Anyone watching this dead thread?

Don't worry. Development on my app is continuing but I needed to pause it last year on personal reasons. I use my development build personally on a daily base and I'm very satisfied with it now. I hope to release a test version in June 2017 and I will post it here for participating. 

Thank you,Andre. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

FINALLY, BETA TESTING IS STARTING .... (like the prophet stepping into the restaurant at the end of the universe).

Ok, after years of snail pace coding, I have done it. There is a fully testable beta of YourDay on TestFlight. Please test YourDay, the journaling app for Evernote an  for iOS.  If you have an Apple Watch, you've got the best experience. In reality, I have done the work to create a log of my life directly from my wrist. 

Please send a private message to me with your eMail address and I will send you an invitation.

Thx, André

Short Update:

@phils, thank you. I have updated the web page with the correct spelling.

Any Evernote fan with an iOS device. You can join the beta for YourDay via the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd1fcahXn9GU5Vg3WmP6BcLcpj7gORml0agyqXcmWC2OYEG1A/viewform

More Informations about the YourDay project are available here: http://improveyourday.com

Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't no why, but the approval for the new version with the multiple images need more time by Apple. I hope, the new version will be released today or tomorrow.

In the meanwhile I have created a mockup about a new Today screen for the your day app. More info about that in the blog post here:

http://improveyourday.com/2017/10/16/idea-for-a-new-today-screen

Bild 45.jpg

1 hour ago, Chaosspeeder said:

I don't no why, but the approval for the new version with the multiple images need more time by Apple. I hope, the new version will be released today or tomorrow.

In the meanwhile I have created a mockup about a new Today screen for the your day app. More info about that in the blog post here:

http://improveyourday.com/2017/10/16/idea-for-a-new-today-screen

Bild 45.jpg

This is very similar to the ideas I was going to send you. ? so similar that I don’t need to send you what I was putting together. 

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi.  I'm about to try the app I think.  I wonder though if you can comment on the advantages you see in this evernote tie in approach verus the stand alone Day One. Thanks .

EDIT:  typos I noticed in start up slash screens.  

"You doesn't need to be online." should be "You don't need to be online." Screen 1

"This app is hightly optimized to use with EverNote." should be "This app is highly optimized for use with Evernote."

Thank you. I obviously  not a native speaker. I was a fan from DayOne a long time ago. But it bugged me, that my Diary was in proprietary format and I wasn't able to keep my journal on the different platforms I use. Evernote allowed me to keep and enhance my journal on Windows, on my phone (at that time it was a BB10 phone) and on my Mac. In the meantime, DayOne has been transformed to a cloud service and most of my old gripes are gone.

But for those (few) people, who do there main business in Evernote, the YourDay App is a valid and good choice.   

• Like 1

Non native English?  Honestly I didn't suspect that.  Some of my son's high school friends do much worse than you!  :)

So, I also see the possible advantage that you can tweak things in Evernote.  Which leads to the question, what happens if users poke around the notebooks that Your Day creates.  Would this cause the app problems?

Thanks for putting it together. 

• 9 months later...

I keep on working on my little up. New Version 1.13 is out there with following new features and bug fixes:

new features:

• you can now specify the notebook in evernote for storing your journal.
  • finally: You can delete a journal note in the detail view for a day. click on the trash can icon in the day view of your journal.
  • explicit save button to save your changes in the day view.
  • send icon (paper plane) added to the keyboard accessory toolbar. Now you can easily send your journal entry even on big iPhones.
  • on your Apple Watch your dictated entry will be automatically saved on your iPhone. This is a much easier handling on the watch. But you can abort the saving process.

bug fixes:

• The camera icon works now accordingly.
  • If you enter a longer text, the text content window wasn't scrolled.
  • corrected ui layout keyboard with iPhone X(sR).
  • a bug was fixed that hinders you from editing journal entries with several photos.
  • the state of the save button for a new journal entry will now shown correctly
  • fixes to the different new apple watch screen sizes.
  • fixed several layout problems when displaying the motivation question card stack.
  • fixed problem, when you answered a motivation card question and the image remain

Link to YourDay in the App Store

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Hi Steven, yes, your journal entries are only transmitted to the Evernote server and are for performance reasons stored locally on your your Apple device. Unfortunately, I  have currently almost no time for maintenance or bug fixing, but I'm happy about every user and that you find this app useful. Thank you, Steven.

• 1 month later...