Shortcut to Saved Search Displays Odd Blank in Search Box

I've had this problem for a while, but finally got annoyed enough to ask about it. I'm currently on the latest beta for Mac, but it's been occurring on many past versions.

Have a look at the following screenshot and observe the large blank in the search box to the LEFT of the magnifying-glass icon:

screenshot.thumb.png.c2680ac29cdcb6df5f1

This is a saved search I call "Daily Review," that I've placed into my shortcuts sidebar. When I run any saved search from a shortcut, I get the odd blank space you see here. If I run the same saved search from the search box itself, I don't see the blank: the magnifying-glass is at the far left of the search box, as it should be. Normal searches are also fine (since they have to be typed into the search box).

Any idea what's up with this odd behavior?

• Level 5*

Hi.  In my Windows client I don't get anything in my search box when I run a saved search.  I have 'search explanation' on,  which confirms that the search has been made,  and I get a changed list of hits rather than my standard 'all notes' view.  Seems pretty likely that this is a bug,  so a quick report to Support should get it scheduled for squashing,  unless the latest release of 6.5 included a fix already.

Contact Support

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/94433-evernote-for-mac-65-released/

• Level 5*
On 2/25/2016 at 10:14 PM, dfaulkner said:

Have a look at the following screenshot and observe the large blank in the search box to the LEFT of the magnifying-glass icon:

screenshot.thumb.png.c2680ac29cdcb6df5f1

I can confirm this behavior in EN Mac 6.5 on Yosemite (10.10.5).

However, it seems to be a harmless (but irritating) UI artifact.  The search results are correct, and when I click in the Search box, everything aligns properly on the left.

I agree that it appears to be harmless but irritating. (That should be a bug category, sort of like the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy re Earth: Mostly Harmless!)

I just updated to 6.6 beta 1. The artifact appears gone again. I'll update as I see changes.

Archived