I would love to pay for an Evernote GTD app

pulitanoart

Idea

GTD strategies for EN have been discussed and debated ad-nauseum. I would like to make a public request to the EN developers for an all-inclusive, intuitive GTD version of Evernote. By itself, EN is astounding in its ability to capture almost anything from anywhere. Where it falls short is the ability to take productivity systems (specifically GTD) further without other apps. IQTELL is advertising on the forum for that very reason. I want Evernote to bo what Omnifocus or Gqeues or can do. And, I know EN can do it better. Please help. Thank you for your attention.

Anthony 

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

It's certainly a request that has been made by a lot of people - and has (so far) been steadfastly ignored by Evernote since it presumably means inventing a whole new product tier,  or making major changes to one or more existing ones.  Would it be worth their while?

Why don't you repeat this suggestion in a new topic on the feedback pages,  and you can get others to register their interest (or otherwise) by votes on the issue.  The more clicks the (presumably) more likely Evernote are to give that feature more weight in any development plans.

Create a topic in one of the feedback forums where up voting exists.

Windows   https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/224-windows-desktop-product-feedback/

Mac   https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/218-mac-product-feedback/

Web   https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/234-web-beta-product-feedback/

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, pulitanoart said:

GTD strategies for EN have been discussed and debated ad-nauseum. I would like to make a public request to the EN developers for an all-inclusive, intuitive GTD version of Evernote. By itself, EN is astounding in its ability to capture almost anything from anywhere. Where it falls short is the ability to take productivity systems (specifically GTD) further without other apps. IQTELL is advertising on the forum for that very reason. I want Evernote to bo what Omnifocus or Gqeues or can do. And, I know EN can do it better. Please help. Thank you for your attention.

Anthony 

Evernote is lacking in many task management features offered in dedicated task management apps.
Up to now, Evernote has not expressed an interest in becoming more of a task management app.
It may happen, but until then,
You could implement the workflow suggestions in this forum and at The Secret Weapon site
or switch to a dedicated app - some of them are integrated with Evernote

As @gazumped suggested; repost in a feedback area or let us know and we can move the discussion for you.

Thank you both. Great idea to open up the conversation and have as many people chime in as possible. How many people want to pay money for an intuitive, click and drag, simple, make-your-life-easier GTD version of Evernote? They've got my vote.

Would you be so kind as to move the discussion to where someone might notice?

I hope this works. And if Evernote doesn't do it, another company certainly will. Maybe thats what they're waiting for. Then they can just buy them out. We'll see.

Thanks again!

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Couldn't see a more appropriate location,  since the feedback pages seem to be Windows / Mac or Web.  There's no general feedback option that I can see.  If anyone can suggest (or move this) somewhere more appropriate,  be my guest...  Tried Mac for now,  though this is an issue for all platforms.

Comments and clicks invited people...

On February 24, 2016 at 2:45 PM, pulitanoart said:

Anthony 

Interesting but I really think from my past experience, implementing is really quite a mess.what you're requesting is really quite a mess.

The secret weapon on Google I know is a way to set up GTD into Evernote.

I would recommend using Evernote for both GTD and reference/note taking software. I'm much more productive having on the focus and Evernote apart. Evernote is so backed up with featuring quests and the restructure of many parts of the company. It's doubtful that they will make a Evernote into GTD software. Mostly because already apps exist that are third-party they have a GTD already down.  Only thing that I would recommend if you don't like any of the already GTD software third-party apps, his to use a service like Zapier or ifttt or task clone. Which are services that sync Evernote with popular softwares 

• Level 5*
On 2/24/2016 at 4:45 PM, pulitanoart said:

Where it falls short is the ability to take productivity systems (specifically GTD) further without other apps. IQTELL is advertising on the forum for that very reason. I want Evernote to bo what Omnifocus or Gqeues or can do. And, I know EN can do it better.

Until/IF Evernote decides to provide more specific GTD support, you will need to look elsewhere.
Evernote has recently made several announcements that they are returnning to their core product.  So, IMO, I don't see them providing GTD (or any other expansion like it) to Evernote any time soon.

You may want to consider tools like IQTell, which does a great job of:

1. Tight integration with Evernote 
  2. Excellent support for Get Things Done With IQTELL 
  3. Project/Task/Action management
  4. Integrating your calendar and email with the above

Tried this idea (use Evernote as all in one) and it was a mess. It's way better to have it separate then have sync solution (zapier). You have everything in EN you need for GTD. Just do set it up (the secret weapon is good resource). If you like it good. If not, don't feel bad EN is better being what it is. 

Archived