Automate: organizing notes based on tags

Juan Carlos R

Hello, im not sure if this has been discussed before but is there a way to automatically organize my notes based on tags? say i take a couple of pictures as business cards, i would like, that by adding a tag to that note it automatically would move itself to a specific Notebook ( Business Cards ), is this possible ? I've tried looking for a recipe on IFTTT and haven't found any, i hope this is clear and if theres is already a method of doing this a tutorial or link is appreciated,

Thanks

• Level 5*

No way I know of to do it automatically.  IAC, if you do a tag search you will find all of the notes no matter what notebook they are in.  It may be a bit redundant if you have notes tagged business cards in a notebook named business cards.  One or the other can work.

• Level 5*
On February 23, 2016 at 11:58 AM, Juan Carlos R said:

Hello, im not sure if this has been discussed before but is there a way to automatically organize my notes based on tags? say i take a couple of pictures as business cards, i would like, that by adding a tag to that note it automatically would move itself to a specific Notebook ( Business Cards ), is this possible ? I've tried looking for a recipe on IFTTT and haven't found any, i hope this is clear and if theres is already a method of doing this a tutorial or link is appreciated,

>>i would like, that by adding a tag to that note it automatically would move itself to a specific Notebook
Nothing that I know of.  I could probably write an applescript, however really, tags exist independent of notebooks.

If you're adding a tag to a note, why not move to the notebook at that time.

>>automatically organize my notes based on tags?
Again, nothing I know of - there's only a "default" notebook
My process is to dump my content into my Inbox notebook, and then sort out tags afterwards.
In some situations I have some automatic feeds (like IFTTT) that set notebook and tag automatically, so I have no actions to take.

Archived