Unable to see all tags on screen

Hi everyone, I have created a few notes in Evernote and when I go back in to them I am unable to see all of the tags I created on the screen and can't see a way of changing that.  They are in a line across the top and if there are too many to fit on the screen it cuts some off but there's no way that I can see to scroll them to see the rest.

Hope this makes sense, I'm sure it must just be something I am doing wrong but if anyone knows how I can change this then I would be grateful of the advice.

ThanksCapture.JPG.43f48d7288fc232c64a3b00161e2

• Level 5*

Hi.  You're not doing something wrong here - just using more tags than your display has space to accommodate.  Is it essential that you see all the tags though?  If you're using a desktop device,  check in List View - there's a tag column which you may be able to expand. 

The only other option may be to consider using keywords instead of tags - using the same terms in a standard search - "snow" forinstance should find all occurrences of that word in any note.  If that generates too many hits,  using a 'special' character will separate your tags from ordinary text.  I would use Xsnow, XChristmas etc to use those words as tags.  (Use a normal character or number at the beginning of the word to deliberately misspell it)

I would also use Phrase Express - a 'text expander' - to quickly and reliably convert xs into XSnow and xc into XChristmas  etc.

• Level 5*
On 2/20/2016 at 4:03 AM, SamC72 said:

They are in a line across the top and if there are too many to fit on the screen it cuts some off but there's no way that I can see to scroll them to see the rest.

This issue has been raised numerous times.

Evernote apps (all platforms) need to provide an auto-expanding vertical and horizontal space that will show all tags assigned to a note.

For those with few tags, there is no impact.  Nothing will seem to have changed.

But for those of us that have a lot of tags, we obviously are willing to use the screen space to see all of our tags.

This type of auto-expanding UI has been used for decades, and is a well-understood technology.  There really isn't any excuse for Evernote to not provide this.

Archived