deleted notebook by mistake and lost tagging

Hi there.

I accidentally deleted a notebook filled with notes, all of them being richly tagged. For some reason all the impacted notes went to a different notebook and lost all of their tags.

Unfortunately synch happened, so the database on web appears disrupted the same way.

Now, the only "good" copy of the database is on an iPad that I set to flight mode few seconds after I realized that the mess propagated to the cloud.

Is there any way to somehow recover the database from that iPad, which is now off-line?

Thanks in advance!

• Level 5*
40 minutes ago, mendo3mendo said:

Is there any way to somehow recover the database from that iPad, which is now off-line

I'm interested in the answer too for the day I make a mistake that gets replicated through all my devices.  Like you, I have a copy of my Evernote database on my iPad.  

You might want to sign out of Evernote on your iPad so you can take the device back online.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, mendo3mendo said:

Is there any way to somehow recover the database from that iPad, which is now off-line?

Unfortunately no.  Evernote does not allow us to use the Evernote data on any device as the "master", and force an update from it to the EN Cloud.

What you might do on your iPad, is create a new NB, and copy all of the notes in the Notebook deleted elsewhere to the new NB.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, JMichaelTX said:

What you might do on your iPad, is create a new NB, and copy all of the notes in the Notebook deleted elsewhere to the new NB.

Excellent idea, but I don't think there's a mass move, so one note at a time.

How about on the web platform - can the sync be stopped for the deleted notebook; maybe clear out the trash.

You might try opening a support ticket.  It's not a bug, but they might be intrigued enough to provide assistance.

Also that was a smart move @mendo3mendo, getting your iPad offline.

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Excellent idea, but I don't think there's a mass move, so one note at a time.

Apparently not.  One of many reasons I don't use my iPhone or iPad for content creation/management, especially for Evernote.  Things that are very simple/easy to do in EN Mac are either impossible or hard to do in EN iOS.

Archived