Remove line break suggestion

Go to solution Solved by JMichaelTX,

I use the evernote for studying and there are many times when I copy text into the program. Because many texts come in the PDF format, it would be really good if we had a function that lets us remove all those annoying line breaks that come when we copy these kinds of text. Is it possible for us to have a function like that? It would be something like this site.

• Like 2

Have you tried pasting into a new note with Ctrl+Shift+V (Paste and match style)?... or place your cursor anywhere in an existing note and (2 options from the right click context menu) either hit Ctrl+Space (Simplify formatting) or Ctrl+Shift+Space (Remove formatting)?

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
  • Solution
5 hours ago, Vitruvia said:

Because many texts come in the PDF format, it would be really good if we had a function that lets us remove all those annoying line breaks that come when we copy these kinds of text. Is it possible for us to have a function like that? It would be something like this site.

Great suggestion.  I can see that would would be very helpful if you copy from PDFs often.

What platform are you using?  If you are using a Mac, this could be easily automated using AppleScript or Keyboard Maestro .

Otherwise, the site you referenced is probably the best solution at this time.

• Like 1
6 horas atrás, JMichaelTX disse:

Great suggestion.  I can see that would would be very helpful if you copy from PDFs often.

What platform are you using?  If you are using a Mac, this could be easily automated using AppleScript or Keyboard Maestro .

I'm on Windows. I'll use that site for now. =]

I have

11 horas atrás, Frank.dg disse:

Have you tried pasting into a new note with Ctrl+Shift+V (Paste and match style)?... or place your cursor anywhere in an existing note and (2 options from the right click context menu) either hit Ctrl+Space (Simplify formatting) or Ctrl+Shift+Space (Remove formatting)?

I have. It doesn't work for PDFs... The line breaks remain. I think some sort of code is needed to remove that.

On 2/19/2016 at 6:36 AM, Vitruvia said:

I'm on Windows. I'll use that site for now. =]

There are a number of apps and scripts for Windows that would allow you to manipulate plain text similar to that site. You would want to pick your poison and work from there. You could then assign that tool/script/whatever to a hotkey that would manipulate your clipboard text and paste.

If you want something on your desktop / not on the web:

• Text Inspection & Manipulation Utility - small tool just for manipulating text, has UI but you can also use as command line utility so you could setup if you want same exact changes to the text every time. (like if you use that website with same exact options every time) - I think this would be closest to website you are using, and has more manipulation options.  http://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=36544
  • Clipboard Help and Spell (Allows text manipulation) - easy to moderate - bigger program, more for saving text/images from your keyboard to allow you to easily access later (there are smaller clipboard history tools, but CHS allows creating automatic text manipulation. Allows you to change how you manipulate every time or save favorites.  - http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/clipboardhelpandspell/index.html
  • Autohotkey - Windows scripting language - advanced - though you might have found someone who already created AHK script or exe that does this https://www.autohotkey.com/

• 1 year later...
On 2/19/2016 at 10:42 AM, JMichaelTX said:

Hi.... Can you please explain how to. I am relatively a new mac user. It would be a great help.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...