unable to edit note in OS version - works on web version

Version 6.4 (452971 App Store)

This has happened several times now -- i cannot find the issue. 

I note will just decide its not editable... i get the error beep when i click ANYWHERE in the note...  sometimes it's fixed by removing formatting... (which i'd rather NOT do consdering all the work i did to ADD the formatting).  If i log in to evernote Web version - i can edit the note... but i'd rather NOT do it there.. even after closing evernote - re-opening, syncing still the note is locked... i get no helpful error message... nothing but the stupid error beep. And i get no cursor I .... also it fixed itself - let me edit for a min... a min later - no more editing..

please help.

thanks

cb

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, ciara_belle said:

This has happened several times now -- i cannot find the issue. 

I note will just decide its not editable

This is very unusual -- I have not seen it previously reported.  It may be due to improper/incomplete installation of Evernote.
Log out of EN Mac, and restart your Mac and log back in to EN Mac.  If  you're still having the same issue, then:

For this type of problem, sometimes a simple reinstall of the app will fix the problem.

This should not affect any of your Notes or other data.

But if you have any Local Notebooks, you might want to export them to ENEX files just to be safe.

To reinstall the app, see Evernote KB Article: How do I uninstall and reinstall Evernote [App]?

• 2 weeks later...

So, it's happening today again (coincidentally on the same note)... i'm slowly noting 'what' symptoms there are, other than the 'no I cursor' and beep sound for no edit.  

Today i closed evernote - and reopened (it was updated to the latest version via the app store yesterday). and a reboot twice yesterday - also a co-incidence.

this SAME note was working fine hours earlier today.

when i 'select all' to try to possibly copy out the note info to create a new note - i notice it highlights all of the note AND all of the SUBJECT (title whatever you want to call that bar)..... ??? normally copy all highlights the note body itself. (i DID click in the body of the note before ctrl-a)

I'm still completely stumped - but unfortunately every time this happens it's to a WORK critical note that i don't have time to troubleshoot (can't happen to an old recipe - no that'd be too easy )

After - in the span of typing this post -- the note 'frees itself' and starts behaving normally. all i did was go back to evernote while typing this post.   This is exceptionally frustrating.

When i have time i'll try a reinstall... 

Archived