Reminders on home screen

Chris Textor

Idea

Hi,

I want to you the reminders as a tasklist and to have quick access to my categorized tasks.

Right now, you have:

• to go to a notebook
  • swipe down to see the reminders
  • click on the reminders

It would be great to have this tasklist with one click available on all platformas (iOS, Windows, etc).

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, macneilpi said:

Agree. Right now I add all of the actionable items from all of my reminder notes into one "to-do" note that I check daily. I would love a task list in iOS 

On February 18, 2016 at 1:15 AM, Chris Textor said:

I want to you the reminders as a tasklist and to have quick access to my categorized tasks.

Have you considered using a tag to identify your tasks.
Also, you can isolate reminders using a search

Personally, I don't use the reminder feature to identify tasks - I have too many entries to make it a useful list

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Chris Textor said:

I'm setting up The Secret Weapon. (http://www.thesecretweapon.org/)  Great solution!

Is there a list of all search options like the kind of things: reminderorder:* -reminderdonetime:*

You might find this discussion useful https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/50496-how-to-search-for-all-reminders-that-are-due-today/?do=findComment&comment=251094

TSW is a great resource and a shortcut to GTD (Getting Things Done) ideas.  I've used many of their suggestions, although I use tags instead of notebooks. The concept of the When tag and Next Action have resolved many of my prioritization issues.

• Level 5*

@Chris Textor

There are three reminder search terms; reminderorder, remindertime, and reminderdonetime.  Here is a link to an EN search grammar page, you can find the detail there. 

I use a modified TSW as well.  For example to see notes with a reminder for today use remindertime:day -remindertime:day+1.  To eliminate those notes with reminders for today that have been closed, add -reminderdonetime:* to that search.  Again, I would recommend for frequently used searches creating a saved search and adding it to your shortcuts.  Just me, but I have saved searches for !Today and !Late at the front of my shortcuts so they appear nicely on my iPhone or iPad.  FWIW.

Archived