Tablet Mode

Fumo

Idea

Just got a new Asus 2 in 1 with Windows 10, and one of things I was looking forward to most was using Evernote with it. (I also have it on my Android phone). However, it works very poorly in tablet mode. When tapping on a note, it won't bring up the keyboard. I have to call it up manually from my taskbar. When I try scroll a note by sliding my finger up or down, it will only select text. I can scroll using the scroll-bar only, which is very narrow for a touchscreen. However, other apps handle these things just fine in tablet mode. Thus, Evernote needs some serious Windows 10 touch optimization.  At minimum, we need:

- The ability to scroll by touch-sliding on the note

- The touch keyboard to pop-up when tapping on a note

One thing I appreciated most about Evernote is the fact that they have a good PC app to complement my phone, so I dearly hope they can fix this soon!  Since more and more Windows 10 touch-PCs and 2-in-1s are coming out every day, this seems important going forward.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hopefully this is adressed in v.6 for Windows.

Even if it's just a workaround until then, I suggest that you install TouchMe Gesture Studio. It should be mandatory for all Windows 8/10 touch devices either way.

It let's you customize touch inputs. You can easily set 2 finger vertical scroll to mimic a mouse wheel, and by that you can scroll in Evernote by using two fingers.

• Level 5*
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:53 AM, lvd said:

Have version 6. Has clearly not been adressed.

The two issues brought up in this thread has been addressed though. Note touch scroll was implemented in version 6 and a pop-up keyboard setting even when you are not in Tablet mode is now found in Windows 10 settings under input.

Evernote v.6 is still not that touch optimized though (such as the left panel not being touch scrollable).

Archived