Feature request: Add Tags from current context to New Notes

Not sure if there's a way to do this already that I've missed, but it sure would be handy:

When I have a bunch of Tags selected, and I click New Note, it would be fantastic if those Tags in my context were implicitly added to the new Note. It would save users from having to re-add them all manually.

• Level 5*

Hi.  If I have a list of notes that will share the same tags I use one of two work-arounds:

1. Create a 'template' note with a pre-typed title outline and several tags and save that to copy several times with the same date/ tag properties,  or
  2. Note my tag sequence in a scratchpad note,  separated by commas as in: tag1, tag2, tag3 etc..  then copy and paste the whole string into one tag field.  Evernote will helpfully separate out those entries into separate tags on that note.  (Caveat:  not tried this in a couple of updates,  but it used to work...)

I prefer both these over automatic tagging - it would be far more likely that I'd forget what tags I used for my last search,  and find that the next dozen or so notes have those tags by accident rather than design...

• Level 5*
On 2/15/2016 at 11:36 AM, Fudder said:

When I have a bunch of Tags selected, and I click New Note, it would be fantastic if those Tags in my context were implicitly added to the new Note. It would save users from having to re-add them all manually.

Great idea!   And one that has been requested many times before.

If I have a block of Notes selected by multiple tags, and I want to add another note to this collection, this is the easiest and most intuitive way of doing so.

• 1 month later...

Yes, I want this too! This is something possible in Windows through a registry hack (or at least was back when I used Windows). On Mac, there is no way and it is the one thing that makes me contemplate using another tool. To me, it would be vastly more intuitive and efficient to simply add notes to whatever context I am viewing. It should be setting that can be toggled on or off.

• Level 5*

On February 14, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Fudder said:

On my Mac, to add a new note I press command-shift-N which runs a custom applescript showing a dropdown list of all my templates.
Picking from the list creates a new note with the template.
- Some templates have additional code to set title and tags.
- I have a Blank-CopyTags template (not exactly the current context but close)

Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 5.03.45 AM.png   Create_Note_From_Template.scpt

Archived