Appalled with Rage

I am just shaking with rage right now. I waste time far more trying to find customer support just to get a so called productivity app to do something obvious and sensible, than I ever do getting to actually use the software. Seems to me, that it is pretty standard these days, that most text based apps will automatically recognize a url link, when typed out, and automatically configure the text as a blue hyperlink. So why in the heck am i wasting my time now trying to get EVERNOTE of all things, to do something as simple as allow me to put a hyperlink in my note?. I mean, it should be pretty straightforward , shouldn't it? If I type evernote.com in note, its should automatically become a blue link, shouldn't it? I mean, it does almost everywhere else. And this is supposed to be an electronic notebook app. So does this mean I have to take a whole bunch of extra steps, just to put a link in the note? And if so, what are those extra steps. i cringe at the thought that an electronic notebook app doesn't simply automatically turn url adresses into links, but since they obviously don't, I guess I have no choice but to waste god knows how much time, to find out how to do something that should already be done automatically, when I type out, or paste a url. Does anybody how I take what shoudl be unnecessary steps to turn my url addresses i put in notes into links?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote does recognize web addresses as links,  although that may not be true in all the different operating systems and on all devices on which it's possible to use the application.  Certainly my WIndows desktop version will convert a full URL into a link - so http://www.evernote.com is recognised (as it is by this forum),  where www.evernote.com or just evernote.com would not be.

• Level 5*
On February 14, 2016 at 5:55 PM, sethwudel said:

pretty standard these days, that most text based apps will automatically recognize a url link

Can you give us a screenshot, and identify your platform - seems to be working on my Mac and iPad
Correction - I add my urls by right clicking and selecting Add Link

As Gazumped explained, you'll need a full URL... and as DTLow pointed out, you can add a link from the right click context menu... or hit Ctrl+K to bring up a dialog box (which already has the  http:// part you need). Incidentally, this is also how you can embed links into text (highlight your text and then hit Ctrl+K).

Add link.PNG

Archived