REQUEST - Lock notebooks listing (prevent from accidental dragging)

I've often accidentally dragged a notebook around, sometimes this turns it into a new notebook stack, other times I have to look around to see where I accidentally dragged it to. It's very annoying.

Please add some way lock the notebooks, or have them locked by default and have an "edit" or "manage" or similar link somewhere to enable dragging these around.

48 minutes ago, natv said:

I've often accidentally dragged a notebook around, sometimes this turns it into a new notebook stack, other times I have to look around to see where I accidentally dragged it to. It's very annoying.

Please add some way lock the notebooks, or have them locked by default and have an "edit" or "manage" or similar link somewhere to enable dragging these around.

I agree, this would be an excellent feature, have had it happen to me several times. Here is my solution, each week I take a screen shot of  my notebook list and keep it in, 'where else but in Evernote.' Sometimes you do not see the error at the time it happens, but once spotted it is easy to fix. The image posted is the non-expanded view, but in reality, I capture the expanded view of all notebooks.

note view.jpg

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, natv said:

Please add some way lock the notebooks, or have them locked by default and have an "edit" or "manage"

That request would apply to every area.  I don't use notebooks much but have imade note changes by mistake.  Every area should be read-only until we explcitly enter change mode,

• Level 5*

F10 is the poor man's version.  Just don't show the left panel.  ;)

You still have access to your notebooks through the notebook drop down above the note list.in whichever view.  But I don't use a lot of notebooks which might make a difference.

Archived