Evernote web: multiple spaces turn to a single space

Nilforooshan

Dear Evernote community,

I'm using Evernote web, because I'm a Linux user.

I need to copy/paste text strings containing multiple spaces (in a row) to Evernote web. However, those multiple spaces turn to a single space. Unfortunately, I cannot replace spaces to another character and then replace them back to spaces, because there is no find/replace in Evernote web. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Many thanks

EXAMPLE

├── README
├── programs
│   ├── Python
│   │   ├── prog1.py
│   │   ├── prog2.py

├── README
├── programs
│ ├── Python
│ │ ├── prog1.py
│ │ ├── prog2.py

• 5 months later...

Thanks! I tried this package long time ago, and it couldn't communicate/access with my Evernote. I think there must be a "Smart Cut and Paste" involved! This is not limited to Evernote. Please see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/118833

I use Chrome browser and I don't have this problem with other applications like Google docs.

I appreciate if Evernote put an enable/disable "Smart Cut and Paste" to Evernote web's settings.

I believe it is important to many people, especially for saving codes in Evernote.

• 10 months later...
8 hours ago, Nilforooshan said:

I guess it had something to do with Chrome browser. Currently using Firefox, I don't have that problem any more!

Thanks for the reply. Probably it's related to the the way I paste it. I used the middle mouse key to paste it... And if I do it by CTL+v, all the spaces do stay.

But the other application I mentioned does work in both cases.

Archived