How To Turn Off Auto Camera Capture

Hello. When I click + and click Camera icon to start taking pictures, it automatically snapshots and captures photos without me clicking anything. I believe it does that when it "thinks" there is a document. But the recognition is far from perfect.  I would rather just aim and focus and click the shutter myself.  Are we that lazy now even clicking a button is intolerable?

1. There is a setting to turn off auto camera capture right?  

2. Also is there a setting to turn off auto document processing?  I just want a picture of every paper. 

• Level 5*

Press the icon in the upper right of the screen, this should toggle automatic capture mode on/off. 

If you take the picture before the shading appears around the paper you should just get a picture.  And if you don't, press the photo at the bottom of the screen before you save it and change it from document to photo if you like.

19 hours ago, csihilling said:

Press the icon in the upper right of the screen, this should toggle automatic capture mode on/off. 

If you take the picture before the shading appears around the paper you should just get a picture.  And if you don't, press the photo at the bottom of the screen before you save it and change it from document to photo if you like.

@Bryan So

Here's a screenshot of what @csihilling is referring to:

Auto Mode Off.jpg

• 1 year later...

1. And if you want document processing but not auto capture as it was a long time ago? This auto capture has annoyed me ever since it came. I have to take two or three captures for every picture to be assured that at least one of them is clear enough. This is because I can't decide when the picture is taken and a lot of times the picture is taken when I am still moving the camera to the right position. I really do want to choose myself when I am ready to take the picture.

2. As far as I understand the document processing does some OCR recognition that is not done with the other picture type you mention where there is no auto capture?

3. Why is the format .png when auto capturing and .jpg with the other picture option? .jpg gives smaller files with the the same picture quality so it should be better?

Archived