I want Evernote to ask for a password everytime it lauches

I'm using my personal Evernote account at work. Most of us do and it's ok. However, I noticed that recently, when I launch it, it automatically opens and there's no request for a password. I haven't changed my Keychain Access or anything in Preferences. 

I need that privacy of a password at launch for Evernote. How do I make that happen now?

Thanks in advance! :D

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, PurpleFugue said:

I need that privacy of a password at launch for Evernote. How do I make that happen now?

Sign out of EN Mac before you quit.  Note that this means you must have access to the Internet and the EN Cloud to sign back in.

On 1 February 2016 at 2:35 PM, JMichaelTX said:

Sign out of EN Mac before you quit.  Note that this means you must have access to the Internet and the EN Cloud to sign back in.

I did that. Evernote had the option before of NOT having the password stored in the keychain. Now, even after deleting it, the damm thing insists on that password and won't let me go any further without it. Worse...after hitting Cancel several times - it still pops open the last Notebook I was in. But the prompt window still remains (see attached).

I WANT/NEED the option of having to enter my password EVERY time I launch Evernote on on my Mac. Otherwise it's NOT a secure app that I can use wherever I am. If that's the case, I'll be looking for something else that is.

Also - I have tried signing out of Evernote before quitting the application. But when I launch it again - it opens straight up, no sign-in required. 

I've seen other comments on other similar questions like mine - this is not about 'don't put things in Evernote at work if it's so private etc'. What's the point in having a password then? Maybe some want the "Remember Me" option that used to be in the login screen. I (and I believe many others) don't! For whatever reason, especially on devices that others have access too. 

Keychain.jpg

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, PurpleFugue said:
Also - I have tried signing out of Evernote before quitting the application. But when I launch it again - it opens straight up, no sign-in required. 

I don't understand this. Are you sure it's the Evernote app that you're signing out?
Below is a screenshot of what's displayed immediately after I sign out.

56b35c4000864_ScreenShot2016-02-04at6.09

>>the damm thing insists on that password and won't let me go any further without it.

Isn't this conflicting with the above

Keychain support goes beyond the EN support scope offered in this forum.  l'm not familiar with the keychain features.  This might help

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201609

Thanks DT. I been using Evernote for a long time now and know how to use it quite well. ?  And yes, I'm signing out of, and quitting the correct app. The Mac version did have the Remember password but not any more. But funny thing is Evernote in my phone still has that feature.

There are two parts to what ive tried. First is deleting the keychain of the stored password and second is signing out of Evernote. Both don't work.

I want to be able to sign in each and every time I launch the app. If whoever uses my Mac accidentally launches the app, I want them to see the login screen. Not my notebooks. Which is what's happening now. 

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, PurpleFugue said:

There is definitely something wrong with your EN Mac setup.  This is NOT normal behavior.

I just tested sign out / sign in in EN Mac 6.4 on Yosemite (10.10.5), and it *did* require a password to sign back in.
When you signed out, did you see this screen?  Did you "Sign Out of All Accounts" ?

Screenshot of Sign Out:

EN-Mac-6.4-Sign-out.png

Screenshot of Sign In:

EN-Mac-6.4-Sign-in.png

If you can't resolve this issue shortly, you might try a simple app reinstall.

For this type of problem, sometimes a simple reinstall of the app will fix the problem.

This should not affect any of your Notes or other data.

But if you have any Local Notebooks, you might want to export them to ENEX files just to be safe.

To reinstall the app, see Evernote KB Article: How do I uninstall and reinstall Evernote [App]?

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, PurpleFugue said:

Thanks DT. I been using Evernote for a long time now and know how to use it quite well.

Sorry - my post was incomplete - the screenshot was missing of what's displayed immediately after I sign out.  Are you seeing this?

56b35dc0285e0_ScreenShot2016-02-04at6.09

• 6 months later...

This thread is a bit old but just came across it after a google search.  I would like to second the request for a password.  While the sign-out option seems to work for me, I don't always remember to do it (I travel a lot, working from airports and I'm in and out).  As it stands now I cannot use evernote on my work computer and am actively looking for an alternative.  I have sensitive or personal information in evernote and our admin can log into my computer if he needs to.  If I forget to log out one day and he accesses it he has all of my personal details.  Can't have that.

Archived