Auto-correcting my handwriting on iPad Pro?

Something seems to have changed in the last week or so with Evernote on the iPad Pro. I make notes and draw sketches using the Apple Pencil. The app is now attempting to auto-correct every hand-written mark I make, and this is very much undesirable and a productivity killer. After drawing a line, Evernote automatically straightens it, or turns my "o" into zeroes, and any number of other similar corrections. If I click the Undo button, Evernote reverts the auto-correction to my initial sketch, which was my intent anyway.

The app was not doing this earlier this week. What has happened? How do I disable this "feature"? Did I inadvertently change a setting? I have looked through the settings menu but do not see anything that seems relevant.

Help. Please.

• 2 months later...

I am having a similar problem, but it's happening even when the "snap to shape" is OFF.  Whenever I make a lower case "a" "m" "w" "v" or cursive "o" or a carrot ("^") or short stroke character or shape it vanishes.  I am making stick figures to illustrate body positions.  I have had to redraw well over 12 times just one character's head because it keeps disappearing.  Multiply this with the number of stick figures I have to draw, and I spend over an hour on what would take 15 minutes. Why can't the sketch feature simply accept MY STROKE, and not make some odd assumption that "I didn't REALLY want to draw that"?  Is it some deeper setting I'm missing?

If it is a bug, please fix ASAP.  Negating the user's action is aggravating.  This is limiting my ability to do my job.  I'll have to go back to pen and paper and scan the page.

Otherwise, I love Evernote.

• 1 year later...
On 4/24/2016 at 8:47 AM, Esaeo said:

I am having a similar problem, but it's happening even when the "snap to shape" is OFF.  Whenever I make a lower case "a" "m" "w" "v" or cursive "o" or a carrot ("^") or short stroke character or shape it vanishes.  I am making stick figures to illustrate body positions.  I have had to redraw well over 12 times just one character's head because it keeps disappearing.  Multiply this with the number of stick figures I have to draw, and I spend over an hour on what would take 15 minutes. Why can't the sketch feature simply accept MY STROKE, and not make some odd assumption that "I didn't REALLY want to draw that"?  Is it some deeper setting I'm missing?

If it is a bug, please fix ASAP.  Negating the user's action is aggravating.  This is limiting my ability to do my job.  I'll have to go back to pen and paper and scan the page.

Otherwise, I love Evernote.

Yes I believe that's the same issue as:

I tend to write small notes too and this becomes extremely frustrating!

Archived