Bug: Spotlight search does not find notes after app re-install

• Level 5*
On 1/28/2016 at 1:41 AM, DavoBe16 said:

Spotlight search only finds notes which are created after installing the app, not existing older notes. Any suggestions?

I can confirm this issue using iPhone 6+, EN iOS 7.10, iOS 9.2.1.

However, EN iOS search worked fine.

I suggest you report this as a bug:

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

15 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Spotlight problems were reported a while ago - https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/80388-problem-with-mac-os-spotlight-and-evernote-notes-including-scanned-text/?p=379290

Did you clean reinstall your app or is this a new install on this device?

Hi,

your link is about OsX on Mac, I have this issue on Iphone 6s Plus. New iphone and App installed via Backup on the new phone. But also when I delete and re-install the app re-install the bug occurs. 

Bug can be reproduced easily, also on other Iphone models (tried Iphone 6s Plus and Iphone 6)

1. Uninstall the app

2. Re-install the App and sign in. All notes are shown in the App itself. 

3. Try to search for a note with a keyword included in one of your note titles via Spotlight. No notes are found.

4. Add a new note

5. Search for a keyword included in the new note's title. This one is shown by spotlight, but not all older notes.All notes you create from now on, are found.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, DavoBe16 said:

Yes, I did, but the German support form does not allow to categorize the support inquiry as a BUG

If you are unable to submit a bug report from Germany, then you might try Twitter, providing a link to this thread:

Since Evernote now is providing official support to all users via Twitter, you can post your bug on Twitter @evernotehelps.  

On January 28, 2016 at 1:41 AM, DavoBe16 said:

Hi,

when I re-install Evernote, Spotlight search only finds notes which are created after installing the app, not existing older notes. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi @DavoBe16,

It looks like your post has been converted into a ticket and a member of our Technical Support Team reached out asking for a copy of the activity log so they can help investigate this further. Let me know if you didn't receive that email.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have reinstalled a few times this year (2017), and the spotlight search is still not working. Is this an iOS problem, or an Evernote problem? It seems to work a little bit better after each reinstall, but after a while there are many notes not showing up.

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem. On Mac OS - spotlight will not return any results for Evernote. I've done a clean (direct) install, and also re-indexed Spotlight several times. Nothing is working. 

I've read through the threads and tried the suggestions, but nothing seems to work. Help?

Archived