Search on Mac Deskstop stopped working

• Level 5*
On 1/27/2016 at 11:53 PM, Punit said:

The Search function on the Mac deskstop app stopped working for me about a month ago.

If EN Mac Search is not working at all (i.e. no change in Note list) regardless of the search criteria, then you might want to try a simple app reinstall.

For this type of problem, sometimes a simple reinstall of the app will fix the problem.

This should not affect any of your Notes or other data.

But if you have any Local Notebooks, you might want to export them to ENEX files just to be safe.

To reinstall the app, see Evernote KB Article: How do I uninstall and reinstall Evernote [App]?

• 1 year later...

The E search function is not working for me. I have been using E since 2009, database is 55GB and I am using Version 6.13.3 (455969 Direct)
Editor: 1.30.3433 (fec246b),

I have slowly transitioned to not relying on my Desktop E installation and using the Chrome E app and Simplenote, 

I have done quite a few re-installs to no avail,

Compare the attached images, searching for:  "The Last" Poetry, 

I use E for my teaching and publish via postach.io; E is a component of my workflow but I would now very much like to start reviewing strategies for changing my workflow, dropping E, and transitioning my content to ???? ... But it is going to be quite a project, 

Plenty have bemoaned the Sync issues and I am in the same boat, 

Best,

EvernoteWeb_TheLast_Poetry.thumb.jpg.fbd8a5197159b69c6025af08981be015.jpg 

Mac_TheLast_Poetry.jpg

Archived