Apple Pencil: Notes in EN or Penultimate?

Galberras

Apologies for the newbie question.  I just recently got an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil and am looking to integrate handwritten notes into my workflow.  It seems that EN can do the Apple Pencil thing and capture notes just like Penultimate.  I see that Penultimate offers fancy paper options but I am curious what other reasons there might be as to why I should use Penultimate over just writing in EN.

Is there something big I am missing?  The interface seems largely the same between the two apps.  

Thanks for the help.

• Level 5*

1 hour ago, Galberras said:

what other reasons there might be as to why I should use Penultimate over just writing in EN.

You might search the forums.
There was a discussion where the user insisted he enjoys taking pages of notes with the new hardware.
I don't have the iPad Pro, however my impression is the Evernote feature is more of a sketching tool and not suited for lengthy note taking.

I would look at more dedicated note taking apps that do hand writing.  Penultimate is one choice, but I use the Notability app.

• 1 year later...
On 1/26/2016 at 9:31 PM, DTLow said:

You might search the forums.
There was a discussion where the user insisted he enjoys taking pages of notes with the new hardware.
I don't have the iPad Pro, however my impression is the Evernote feature is more of a sketching tool and not suited for lengthy note taking.

I would look at more dedicated note taking apps that do hand writing.  Penultimate is one choice, but I use the Notability app.

I'd go with DTLow on this one, go Notability if you're handwriting notes. Evernote and Penultimate are complementary products in a sense that what one does the other does not. And where a complete integration between both would make an awesome note taking app, Evernote seems not to care. Even more, the support for Apple Pencil or other non-Evernote styluses is awful on both apps.

You could try goodnotes, is an awesome digital paper app, but only that.

Archived