Evernote for iOS 7.10 Released

cifip

Idea

• Level 5

Hi all,

We released Evernote for iOS 7.10 earlier today, and it should be available to everyone in the App Store shortly.

This release added external keyboard shortcuts, enhanced sketching capabilities, and fixed a bunch of bugs.

Notable fixes and improvements:

• Added keyboard shortcuts for iPad
    • Hold down the ⌘ key to expose available shortcuts
  • Sketching improvements:
    • Zooming and panning
      • Use two fingers to zoom in, zoom out, or pan the sketch
    • Shape recognition (snap to shape)
      • Lines, squares/rectangles, circles/ovals, and triangles are automatically recognized and rendered very cleanly
      • Note: this feature can be enabled / disabled in the Pen menu
  • Camera captures documents more quickly and accurately
  • Improved reliability when moving notes into shared or business notebooks from personal notebooks
  • Improved reliability when downloading notebooks for offline use
  • Updated share extension - fixed several hangs and crashes when clipping from particular websites / apps
  • Search improvements - includes a fix for "todo" searches

You can download the Evernote for iOS app from the App Store.

As always, please let us know what you think.

Cheers!

12 replies to this idea

When I look under App Store on my iPad, I see the update, but the download circle icon does nothing, and fails to respond in the normal way (usually clicking it restores the "Update" status and you can restart the download). I have tried removing Evernote and reloading from the App Store, but it still gives the same status. Reinstalling from iTunes worked.

The Applog tells me that the version installed is 7.7.11 (316587)

IMG_0414.jpg

• Level 5
22 hours ago, ggrinton said:

When I look under App Store on my iPad, I see the update, but the download circle icon does nothing, and fails to respond in the normal way (usually clicking it restores the "Update" status and you can restart the download). I have tried removing Evernote and reloading from the App Store, but it still gives the same status. Reinstalling from iTunes worked.

The Applog tells me that the version installed is 7.7.11 (316587)

IMG_0414.jpg

Hi,

Please check to make sure your iPad has the latest OS installed. This was a known OS issue that affected many different apps in the App Store with iOS 9.0.x. Apple announced that this was fixed with the iOS 9.1 update.

Cheers,
Chuck

Dear cifip,

Elsewhere in the forums, another Evernote employee, SoftwareMarcus, posted about the newest update to Evernote for Mac.

One of the new features touted, is the ability to zoom text.

For many years now, Evernote users have asked for the ability to scale (zoom) text, since the text size in iOS is so small.

This post references the new ability to zoom images. So, please, how about zooming text?

Tiny text inEvernote iOS is the ONLY thing about Evernote that frustrates (the %#@$ out of) me.

Please let us zoom text in iOS.

• Level 5
On February 14, 2016 at 0:50 PM, dirtbagg said:

Dear cifip,

Elsewhere in the forums, another Evernote employee, SoftwareMarcus, posted about the newest update to Evernote for Mac.

One of the new features touted, is the ability to zoom text.

For many years now, Evernote users have asked for the ability to scale (zoom) text, since the text size in iOS is so small.

This post references the new ability to zoom images. So, please, how about zooming text?

Tiny text inEvernote iOS is the ONLY thing about Evernote that frustrates (the %#@$ out of) me.

Please let us zoom text in iOS.

Hi,

We'll be looking into this for a future release.

Thanks,
Chuck

Archived