How do I highlight text?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, I have a question said:

Hi, I have the free, basic, online version of Evernote, and I'm using it on a macbook. How do I highlight text?

It sounds like you are using the EN Web client ("online version").  If so, I believe that EN Web does NOT have a highlight tool.

In the EN Mac desktop version, there is a highlight tool, and you can just select text and the press CMD+CTRL+H.

• 7 months later...

This was posted some time ago but will see if it is still alive. Your suggestion Guru works well in a note I have created myself, but not in a PDF I have imported. When I open the Annotation tools there is no highlight option, only add text, add shapes, draw on image, add stamps, color and size. No highlight tool. 

Any suggestions!

Many thanks, Lotta

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, ladelstal said:

This was posted some time ago but will see if it is still alive. Your suggestion Guru works well in a note I have created myself, but not in a PDF I have imported. When I open the Annotation tools there is no highlight option, only add text, add shapes, draw on image, add stamps, color and size. No highlight tool. 

Any suggestions!

Many thanks, Lotta

This documentation might help; the highlight tool is described towards the end

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005587-How-to-annotate-images-and-PDFs-in-Evernote

Many thanks! I have used this and although it is called a highlight tool I don't find it very useful, or user-friendly. I press 'shift' so that it makes a straight line and is not all over the place, but still doesn't turn out very nice. It is almost easier to use the box around the text. Is there no way I could select a piece of text, click and then it it is highlighted? 

Warm regards, Lotta

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Highlighting:

Evernote Premium version: MacPro, very easy to do. PDF note. Select the note, highlight the text, right click, Format, Highlight and done! Neat and tidy! Even if you select a whole line, with non-printing space, it only highlights the text.

iPad Pro: The highlight appears nicely but I can't find a way to highlight on the iPad Pro! The double exclamation marks did nothing, even on the MacPro. 

Frustrating as it would be very helpful to highlight on the iPad Pro!

• 4 months later...

It's doable, but not very user friendly.  It's frustrating to have to select a single word basically, and then grab the little thing and expand it to select more text.  THEN you have to have your keyboard activated in order to see the highlight tool, which takes 1/3 of the page.  Please correct me if I'm missing something though :) . I find myself preferring to just open the pdf in PDF Expert if I don't have my laptop and do the highlighting there because it's so much easier.  I wish Evernote was the same....

• 2 months later...

Archived