bonniebutler

Opening videos added to evernote

I've added a couple short videos and photos but when I click on them to open them up I get a message saying I need to upgrade to premium in order to use them.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I should be able to access my photos and videos if I put them in a note.

18 minutes ago, bonniebutler said:

I've added a couple short videos and photos but when I click on them to open them up I get a message saying I need to upgrade to premium in order to use them.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I should be able to access my photos and videos if I put them in a note.

My understanding was that you could attach any file type to a note.  There used to be a restriction for free accounts, but that was removed a while back.  Which platform are you using; are you up to date on version?

I am not on a team so I don't need premium and I can't contact evernote it keeps taking me back to asking the community. I'm so disappointed and frustrated.

7 minutes ago, bonniebutler said:

I click on a photo in my notes and this is the message I get. I don't get it. 

I see; you're launching Presentation mode, which I guess is a Premium feature (I don't use it).  This is different than launching the application for a specific file type.

Can you tell us exactly how you're triggering this?

To start, I've attached the photo or video to a note in a notebook. When I go to that note to say look at a video or photo I double click on the photo or video and I would expect it to pop up in another window or something like that but I do not expect to get the premium pop up window I get. If I want to open up one of my own videos that I've attached to a note do I need to drag and drop the video onto my desktop and also do that with photos? It seems like a wasted step because I'll need to toss that in the trash since I don't want everything on my desk top. I must be missing something. I've checked my preferences and everything seems fine.

21 minutes ago, bonniebutler said:

If I want to open up one of my own videos that I've attached to a note do I need to drag and drop the video onto my desktop and also do that with photos?

I wouldn't expect that to be required.

When I double click on an attachment, it opens up the application, for example pdf and Adobe.
To open Presentation mode, I have to actually click on that icon at the top of the note.

What happens when you right click the attachment?  I get an Open With list.

569fea3c7d773_ScreenShot2016-01-20at12.1

Yes! Thank you so much!! I was double clicking which opened up the presenter. Right click I can pick the application to open it. Thank you for helping me :)

9 hours ago, bonniebutler said:

When I go to that note to say look at a video or photo I double click on the photo or video and I would expect it to pop up in another window or something like that but I do not expect to get the premium pop up window I get.

Yep, Evernote has replaced the standard behavior of double-clicking on an image to initiate the EN Presentation mode.  Extremely POOR UI.  We have been complaining about this for some time.

• Like 1

Good to know I wasn't loosing my mind. It is a habit to double click since most apps you have to do that. I must have missed the "what's new" in EN...very frustrating. Thank you for your help!

• Like 1