Jump to content
10010100101

ANSWERED if a note is deleted from trash, can buying evernote premium *afterwards* recover it back?

Recommended Posts

thankfully this is a hypothetical quesiton

if i delete a note from a notebook, then delete it from the trash, then buy evernote premium afterwards, can you recover that note ?

 

thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, the Premium option has a History option.

Note history takes a snapshot of the entire note a few times a day and allows you to roll back a note

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313858

EDIT: As Matt mentions, once you delete a note from the trash, the History Option no longer will work for that specific note.

Share this post


Link to post

Hello @10010100101,

If the note has been deleted from the trash notebook and is currently not on any other Evernote application, you will not be able to recover that note or the contents. If you still had the note, but didn't have the right saved state, this is where that Note History feature comes in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/20/2016 at 4:51 AM, 10010100101 said:

thankfully this is a hypothetical quesiton

if i delete a note from a notebook, then delete it from the trash, then buy evernote premium afterwards, can you recover that note ?

 

thanks

If you have emptied the trash the only way to get the note back is from a backup that you created.  Depending on when you make your backups the note may or may not be the most current version.  IMO the easiest way to backup is to export by notebook using the export to ENEX feature of EN.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On March 2, 2016 at 1:15 PM, csihilling said:

  IMO the easiest way to backup is to export by notebook using the export to ENEX feature of EN.

I actually do both an ENEX and HTML export of my notes changed the previous day, scheduled to run in the background each morning.  For a one-off note recovery, it's sometimes easier to just go into the HTML export and copy/paste the note.

Share this post


Link to post
On 06/03/2016 at 2:11 PM, Matt W. said:

a great way to keep a personal backup

Any way to set-up automatic backups in Evernote web, to Google Drive or Dropbox or something like that? I only use Evernote Web, I don't have the thick client installed anywhere.

The other thing I use is the Android app, but I didn't find anything there either. 

Thanks,

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, schultzter said:

Any way to set-up automatic backups in Evernote web, to Google Drive or Dropbox
I only use Evernote Web, I don't have the thick client installed anywhere.

You might look at  cloudhq
It backs up note changes as a pdf file in Dropbox
Also note, Evernote is keeping a note history of changed notes. Its a paid feature and available via Evernote Web

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 10.31.37 PM.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, DTLow said:

look at  cloudhq

Thanks. Some Googling confirms that's pretty much the solution. I was hoping Evernote would have their own solution, so as to avoid creating yet another account with yet more permissions to access my other accounts.

7 hours ago, DTLow said:

Evernote is keeping a note history of changed notes. Its a paid feature

I'm considering a Plus subscription (for offline access and emailing in) but I can't really justify the Premium subscription - the only interesting feature for me is the version history.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, DTLow said:

You might look at  cloudhq
It backs up note changes as a pdf file in Dropbox
Also note, Evernote is keeping a note history of changed notes. Its a paid feature and available via Evernote Web

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 10.31.37 PM.png

CloudHQ was one that I was going to recommend, as it will work with Evernote and link you to the other services. @schultzter

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...