Evernote + Google Keep workflow

Greetings,

I've been using Evernote for a few years and recently I started to deal with recurring dates for projects. For me, a downside of Evernote is the lack of recurring reminders. I tried two apps with the reminder function, Todoist and Google Keep. However, Todoist locks the feature for its Premium users, which is a major reason for me to look for something else, since I already pay for the Premium version of Evernote. I found in Google Keep a solid app to use in integration with Evernote, specially because of its robust reminder function, with a lot of possibilities to set recurring reminders.

My basic workflow has Evernote as a main repository of tasks, with linked notes stored in separate main planning notes, for each project. Now, with Keep, based on the planning I did with Evernote, I set the weekly and monthly reminders to remind me of important deadlines, tasks and events related to those projects. I can say it works like a charm.

I wanted to know other ways to integrate and fully implement productivity workflows with Evernote and the recurring reminder function of Keep. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
gcg79

I used Keep as a front end for Evernote for a while. Essentially, tasks and "current" notes in Keep, with Evernote as an archive.

On iOS, it is easy to use the Share menu to get a Keep note into Evernote, though as is often the case with Evernote, there can be issues with extra line spaces. You can manually reorder notes in Keep, and the Keep editor is more reliable, though less full featured than the Evernote editor. Keep, like Evernote, has a small, unchangeable font, but I find it a bit easier on the eyes than the font used by Evernote.

But.. Keep lacks an Undo command. This is a pretty serious issue, enough that I quit using Keep and now use various Dropbox compatible editors, depending on the platform.

2 hours ago, Sam the italian said:

Thanks. How do you transfer Evernote notes to Keep?  Is there a simple tool ? Thanks

Keep doesn't really support much in the way of formatting, nor individual note export/import, so basic copy/paste seems like the most effective and probably only practical option available for transferring data in either direction.

3 hours ago, Sam the italian said:

Thanks. How do you transfer Evernote notes to Keep?  Is there a simple tool ? Thanks

Basically I used cut & paste for a few notes, but otherwise started over with Keep for new notes, and left the old ones where they were.

If you use Android, you can also share Keep's notes directly into Evernote, through their 'share' function. The opposite is also possible. I haven't explored a lot, but the possibilities to think of interesting workflows between the two are very fertile. I'm using Keep only for recurring reminders for now, but there's plenty of room for a solid and versatile combination.

1 hour ago, gcg79 said:

If you use Android, you can also share Keep's notes directly into Evernote, through their 'share' function. The opposite is also possible. I haven't explored a lot, but the possibilities to think of interesting workflows between the two are very fertile. I'm using Keep only for recurring reminders for now, but there's plenty of room for a solid and versatile combination.

Very good point!  I forgot about this, but it is one of the key features of Android such that I find myself using my mobile devices more than my PC for this sort of content sharing.

• 1 year later...

I use Keep to set location-based reminders for my notes in Evernote. I just share the Evernote note to Keep and set the location-based reminder. 

I also like using Keep to set recurring reminders. 

In Keep you can also do note links, though you need to use the web-based Keep app to set up the note links. Once that's done, I go back to my Chrome app and can jump between notes by clicking the links. 

Archived