Not importing from folder

I have EN on my Windows 7 laptop at home and it correctly imports from 2 folders I have set up for it.  I also have EN on my Windows desktop computer at work, set up a similar "into Evernote" folder that I've been dumping things into , and find that it is not importing them. (It's a single premium account, not a business acct) The only difference in how the 2 systems are set up is that at work, I unchecked the part about deleting them once they are uploaded (thankfully). I've double-checked the path in the import dialog and it's pointing to the correct folder.  The computer at work is part of a shared network, but both EN and the Import folder I'm using are kept locally on my hard drive, not the server.   Any ideas?

• Level 5*

You're using (or trying to) an Import Folder - hopefully the article will give you a little more background.  I've only ever had problems with files when they were 'open' in another app and therefore locked to other software,  including the Import process.  In one case this was my scanner,  which created the file and then scanned content into it - while Evernote was scratching at the door,  trying to get hold of the content immediately the file was created.  The answer was to scan to one folder and use other software to move the finished and OCR'd scans into my Import Folder.  In other cases I've found one or another app that although a file is opened and closed again,  a lock is maintained on that file until the main app is closed completely.  If none of that background applies,  I'd suggest you delete and recreate the folders to see whether you can jump start them again.

Let is know how you get on...

Hmm, these are usually articles I save as pdfs, and the pdf reader or creator is then closed. So I don't think that could be the problem, but I do like your suggestion of deleting and recreating the folder.  I will try it next week at work. Thanks

Archived