Drag and Drop from Enote to Mac Mail not Working

I used to be able to drag and drop attachments from Evernote directly to an email in Mac Mail. At some point in the last few weeks, that stopped working. Now rather than dropping the attachment into the email, it only drops the file name. Is there a fix for this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Hmmn.  Not a Mac user,  but I lifted this from another post in the forums (not sure which now).  If it's not relevant,  try your own search and obviously,  raise a support request.

D&D from OSX Mail into EN6 (dropping onto the folder or the icon in the Mac Dock) seems not to work,  although the same thing works in Mavericks to create a note with the email as an attachment.  There's an Applescript solution - not tested in Yosemite,  but it might be a good basis for something similar..   http://veritrope.com/code/apple-mail-to-evernote/

A work around is to forward the email(s) to an EN email address,  though that's not acceptable in some cases.  

In all cases submit a bug report.

Thanks for your reply but the issue is being able to drag and drop from Evernote in to an email.

For example if I wanted to attach a pdf (from Evernote) in to an email I used to simply drag and drop. But now this does not work - you drop the attachment in to mail but only the name of the file appears

I don't think it's a mac mail issue.  If I try to drop a file into this post it does not work - for example: miavit-zinkosan-flyer_en.pdf

• Level 5*

It's working for me

Could this an Mail problem/option;
for example in Evernote, you can display pdfs as inline or filename which is what you're seeing

I dug this up in Google

Terminal command.

defaults write com.apple.mail DisableInlineAttachmentViewing -bool YES

Archived