IE: How to clip just the article, not the page?

tpcon

I have been using Firefox but am now switching to IE.  In Firefox, when I hit the clipper icon, a dialog pops up, and it allows me to select "article" to clip rather than "page".  In IE, I do not see an icon, but "Clip this page" comes up in the right click menu (and there is no item "clip this article"). If I select the "clip this page" item from the right click menu, indeed the page is correctly clipped to Evernote.  But, I want the functionality of "clip the article" not the page.  How can I do this in IE?

Thanks!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Each browser has it's own mini-operating system within which add-ins like Clipper do their individual thing.  Chrome has more and different functions to Firefox,  and both have more and different features than IE.  What you currently see (AFAIK) is all that's available.  You could copy and paste from a web page,  but that's about it.

Thanks for the reply.  Sorry to hear that, as clipping the article is really much better.  Nice to not have to keep the clutter forever. But, have to get of Firefox, it is crashing like every other minute and all the refreshes and restarts cannot seem to cure it.  -Thanks!

Thanks again.  I think I might try Chrome.  Do you know if the Clipper has the "clip article" functionality in Chrome?  Firefox, I've done all the resets, restarts, removed plug-ins, and so on.  The app is not crashing, but it keeps hanging where NO web site will load, while at the same time the same site will load in another browser.  Just can't spend more time with it.  But, thanks for the advice.  If you know about the Chrome Web Clipper functionality, please let me know.  Thanks!

• Level 5*

The Chrome clipper was the best and most feature-rich of the bunch.  Something to do with Chrome being its own OS and therefore much more flexible than other browsers,  although Firefox caught up over the past year.  I've varied between the two browsers because Firefox gave me the run-around as it's doing to you at the moment - every so often everything stopped for no sensible reason - and after trying all the fixesI went to Chrome.  Then I had some memory leakage problems and found that Chrome kept some features running in memory even when closed.  Then came back to Firefox,  which with its new frequent updates policy seemed to have moved past the problems that originally caused my issues.  So currently I'm Fx.  Aint Software grand... ;)

Wow, sounds like lots of similar experiences out there.  I keep jumping between browsers not because one attracts me with new features...because one seems to be ***** up so much I have to get off it.  Was on Chrome before Firefox, and now after a year or so on Firefox...back to Chrome.  Happy with the Chrome web clipper, so that is good.

One note in case any forum moderators read this.  This forum, if you are on a topic, but not logged in, and then when you log in, it does not take you back to the topic that was up when you pressed "login" but instead to the Welcome screen.  Most other forums seem to take you back to the topic that was up when you logged in, which seems like the better approach to me!

Thanks!  Tom

Archived