Custom Stream Wanted

I check this forum almost every day. I've tried to create a customer stream that would show me only new "topics" or "Content I Follow".

I do not want to see replies to "topics" I have not marked as "Content I Follow".

I have not figured out how to construct such a stream.

Can it be done? If yes, could someone please explain how to do it?

Thanks. 

Not quite. It's not a matter of whether I've "opened" a thread or not.

I don't ever want to see a "topic" (thread?) on a list that was on the list the last time (or any previous time) I asked to see the list. 

Here's another attempt to explain it. The next time I visit the forum, I only want to see a list of new "topics" (threads?) that have been created since the last time I visited the forum or "topics" and replies (hence, threads) that I have marked as "following". 

I must not be explained it very well, What I am looking for is what I would think most people would want. That is, if I go through a list of "topics" (threads?) and don't mark them as "follow" I don't ever want to see them on my list again. If I wasn't interested in the original "new topic" posted by the original person, I won't be interested in seeing the replies. 

No, that's doesn't do it for me. - - - It lists any and all topics which have had a reply since the last time I visited, even if I didn't mark the topic as "follow".

I guess I would ask everyone why do you look at a bunch of old topics you are not interested in every time you visit the forum? - - - As best as I can tell, that is what you get when you set the "Unread Content" stream.

• Level 5*

Probably because there isn't a way not to?  :( 

Though I don't know what happens if you check Only Content I Follow under Follow Status.  Would that mean you wouldn't see any new content?  Or not see new content after the first post?  :wacko:

I tried a couple more variations. I even modified the standard stream "Content I Follow". I still haven't been able to figure out how to get the stream I'd like to have.

Also, I must not completely understand the streaming process. I modified a couple screams and got results that I wouldn't have expected.

Thanks for spending some time on this for me.

• Level 5*

You are welcome.  It took me a while to "get it" with the new streams.  I now only follow the forums of interest to me in reverse chronological order.  But to your point, I am still seeing topics I would as soon not after the first time as replies occur.  A don't show me any more of this topic check box would be nice. 

Archived