Additional users

I am using a friend's computer for a few days and added my account as an additional user in Evernote for Windows. Once I am done with the computer, I want to eliminate all traces of my account from the machine. Where is the data file for my account located, and where are attachments stored?

Thanks!

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, shekala said:

Where is the data file for my account located, and where are attachments stored?

On a Mac, you can go to About Evernote, click on the option key; the folder will be displayed.

Not sure about Windows, but you can look for a .exb file where your data is stored.

Thanks, am actually using Windows, so will look for the EXB. I assume there should be one for each user, correct? Also, are attachments all stored within that file as well? I see there is an actual Evernote folder called attachments but i cant tell what goes in there vs what is in the exb file.

• Level 5*

Go to Tools - Options - General and you will see the folder in which the EXB file is located.  Click on Open Database folder and you should be able to remove all traces of your stuff, careful not to delete any of your friends stuff (all the files should be preceded by your EN user name).  Your attachments are stored in your EXB file.  If you worked on any of them you might want to open the Attachments folder where the EXB file is stored to see if any backups were left there.

As an FYI, you might consider using the web version next time, easier to just clear cache if the web will let you get done what you want.

Archived