Option to show all pdf pages instead of first page

sceiler

Idea

Hello,

I am trying to go paperless and so far all my PDFs of documents I have scannend have multiple pages. They are automatically and directly send to EN (Canon - ImageFormula P-208II). One thing which irritates me a bit is that only the first page of the PDF is shown which is most likely a good thing for big PDFs with notes, for example. But in my case I fear that I will overlook a page while trying to scroll a note containing only a multi-page PDF. I know that there is an overlay showing the page number and further options but I still wonder if there is an option to show all PDF pages so I could seamlessly scroll through a PDF without having to click on the arrow button for the next page. Opening the PDF in Foxit is a workaround but I prefer to view directly from EN instead of using a third-party program.

Thanks in advance.

22 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, SirPPingTon said:

Anyone know if there is an option to revert this? 

No idea what options will be available,  but AFAIK the only way to avoid an updated feature completely is not to update the app.

On 25/10/2017 at 11:44 AM, emerick said:

6.8 (coming soon) will support a multi-page PDF viewing experience.

Anyone know if there is an option to revert this? 

I have annotated a lot of PDFs, so the summary page is shown with key information in a clean way. What I have not just looks like an iframe of chrome PDF viewer. 

• Level 5*
On 6/13/2017 at 10:43 AM, Ghazi said:

i would really like this to happen ... currently there is no option for going on specific page number also ( as far as i c ) ... instead u have to go through all pages to reach a specific page e.g. if i want to go to page 10, i have to pass through all 1-9 pages, which is really time consuming activity.

If you haven't already done so, please click on the up triangle at the top of the page. Maybe when the counter gets to some number larger than it is now (29) some Evernote designer will decide to do something about it...

i would really like this to happen ... currently there is no option for going on specific page number also ( as far as i c ) ... instead u have to go through all pages to reach a specific page e.g. if i want to go to page 10, i have to pass through all 1-9 pages, which is really time consuming activity.

• Level 5*

Don't know if there are PDF readers out there that can show a continuous page roll - Evernote clearly haven't changed their setup yet,  although this feature now has 23 votes - no way to know when or if it may be available in future.

Microsoft Outlook has this functionality: when previewing an e-mail that has a PDF attachment, one can scroll through the entire document from within the preview pane. It would be even more useful in EN considering the size of the note panel.

Showing all the pages while making it possible to flag specific lines in the text or points on a page or graphic (with commenting) would make the presentation functionality that much better. 

• Level 5*

...what @DTLow said - Windows can only show the icon or the 'single page' view,  though I believe Macs also have the multi-page view.  The only way to show all the pages of a PDF is to scan to seperate documents,  or split a multi-page scan into individual pages via your PDF software.  Unfortunately,  if there are more than one or two,  that then means that getting the pages into order and displaying them that way is one problem,  and reading several pages means viewing the content in the note,  or loading each page separately into a reader. 

You can double-click a single document to pop it out of Evernote into a full reader page,  which may be the best compromise...

• Level 5*

PDFs are fairly ubiquous so I don't worry about embedding the file in EN. In fact, when I use the document camera, ending up with separate images for each page; I combine them into a single pdf file.

There are various apps which will allow you to split your PDFs file into separate pages.  Sorry, I can't be more specific about the Windows platform. You can then store the separate files in your note.

Archived