notes and notebooks disappeared

Hey all, I signed out of Evernote on my iPad Air and all my notes and notebooks are now missing. I can see them on my Mac but not on the iPad. The "help" section on the Evernote website says to look in the trash but I can't find the trash. Should I sync devices or will that delete my notes on the Mac too?

Thanks!

Andy

• Level 5*

Sign back in on the iPad and be sure you are using the same user name and password.  Also, you can check the web for the user name to be sure the notes are still there.

• Level 5*

As a precaution, you may want to immediately export to ENEX (one file per NB) all of your Notes in EN Mac.

You can verify that all of your Notes are safely stored in the EN Cloud by viewing them using the EN Web client at Evernote.com.

If all of your Notes are in the EN Cloud, and you've backed your Notes to ENEX on the Mac, then you might delete the Evernote app on your  iPad (assuming you don't have any unsync'd notes there) without opening EN iPad (to prevent sync of deleted notes), restart your iPad, and then reinstall Evernote on the iPad.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys: I just got a new laptop and installed evernote on it.  I signed into my account but haven't really made any changes.  Then I went to review my ToDo list, which unfortunately has all sorts of passwords and important info in it and the screen was blank.  All my other notes appear to be there except the data in this one.  So I went to my ipad and the notes are there.  However, evernote on my ipad crashes before it has a chance to synch up!!  It crashes too quickly so I can't really just hand copy the info either.  I am guessing I am screwed but wondering if anyone has suggestions on preventing this crash before I delete the app and reinstall (and losing my data).

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Carya said:

I am guessing I am screwed but wondering if anyone has suggestions on preventing this crash before I delete the app and reinstall (and losing my data).

EN iOS was crashing on me this morning, and I did the following to fix:

1. Double-tap on the iPad Home button and force quit Evernote 
  2. Restart my iPad
  3. Open Evernote -- and all is well!

Archived