Jump to content
Zawan

Automatically pasting URL during copy and paste

Recommended Posts

I am using Evernote version 5.4.3 .

A while ago (perhaps before some upgrades), whenever I copied and pasted a text from the web onto a note, the web address would get automatically pasted underneath the text.

This no longer happens. Now I have to go back to the web page and manually copy and paste the URL onto Evernote.

How do I get this feature?

Share this post


Link to post

Are you manually copying and pasting?  Is there a reason you don't (or can't) use the browser Clipper add-in?  That should give you anything from just the URL as a bookmark to a copy of the full page plus the address.  Can't comment on the copy/ paste issue - I'm not a Mac user...

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Zawan said:

I am using Evernote version 5.4.3 .

A while ago (perhaps before some upgrades), whenever I copied and pasted a text from the web onto a note, the web address would get automatically pasted underneath the text.

First, you may want to update to the latest version:  EN Mac 6.3 Update 

In general, copy from a web page and paste to an EN note will just paste the selection, and will NOT include the web page URL.
However, some web sites will append the page title and/or URL to the copy.

If you want the page title/URL to be appended to your selection, you can use tools like Keyboard Maestro to achieve this.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, gazumped said:

Are you manually copying and pasting?  Is there a reason you don't (or can't) use the browser Clipper add-in?  That should give you anything from just the URL as a bookmark to a copy of the full page plus the address.  Can't comment on the copy/ paste issue - I'm not a Mac user...

Thanks.

The clipper add-in does not send clips to the desktop EN (only online), for Mac.

The method I was using before worked best for me; perhaps Evernote removed that feature.

 

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, JMichaelTX said:

First, you may want to update to the latest version:  EN Mac 6.3 Update 

In general, copy from a web page and paste to an EN note will just paste the selection, and will NOT include the web page URL.
However, some web sites will append the page title and/or URL to the copy.

If you want the page title/URL to be appended to your selection, you can use tools like Keyboard Maestro to achieve this.

The web url used to get pasted underneath the selection automatically. I did not need any external add-ons. That's what I'm looking for.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Well, good luck then.  I've done a lot of copy/paste from web sites, and, with few exceptions, haven't seen that.  At the point of a paste, there is no way Evernote could know the URL of the page, if the web site didn't put it there during the copy.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...