Tags missing left panel Evernote Windows

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, eafpres said:

This morning I have no notebook containing tags showing in my left panel

Tags have nothing to do with Notebooks.  They are completely independent of one another.

In the left Panel, you should see these groups:

1. Shortcuts
  2. Notes (not really a group)
  3. Notebooks
  4. Tags
  5. Atlas (not really a group)

It should look something like this:

EN-Win-5.9.6-Left-SideBar-Groups.png

If you don't see all of these, the items (groups) that appear in the left Sidebar can be changed by going to menu View > Left Panel.
It looks like this:

EW-Win-5.9.6-Left-Sidebar.png

If you have a long Notebook list, and it is expanded, then you may not see anything below the NBs.

You can either scroll down, or click on the same right arrow to the left of the "Notebooks" group to collapse the NB list.  Then you should see the Tags group (but it NOT a Notebook, it is just a group).  You may need to click on the right-arrow next to the Tags group to expand it.

So you would now see something like this:

EN-Win-5.9.6-Left-SideBar-Tags.png

Good luck, and please let us know if you have any further questions.

Hi : gazumped, JMichaelTX

I was scrolled all the way down, but thanks for the feedback.  Turns out JMichaelTX had the issue pegged--somehow the Show Tags was un-checked in the View --> Left Panel list.  Not sure how that happened, probably my own error.

So, this was pilot error and I've learned a bit more about the menus.

Thanks to all!

• 4 weeks later...

Brief update.  What is happening is that Evernote is turning off view tags.  I have not debugged the exact sequence (if there is one) to reproduce, but that is why sometimes I don't see tags when I scroll down.  I just go back and turn it back on in the menu and there they are.

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, eafpres said:

Brief update.  What is happening is that Evernote is turning off view tags.

There does seem to be an issue on the Mac side
As @JMichaelTX mentioned, it is a View > Sidebar option
There are actually two options; a checkbox for Tags, and a few rows down a toggle for Hide Tags/Show Tags
You can check off Tags and the Tag section disappears.  
If you check on Tags, the Tag section reappears with no tags
To show the tags you have to select Hide Tags, then Show Tags

56a115ad4a14a_ScreenShot2016-01-21at9.29

• Level 5*
On January 21, 2016 at 9:42 AM, DTLow said:

There does seem to be an issue on the Mac side

Response from Evernote support

Thank for bringing this to our attention. We are currently aware of this issue, and although I don't have an ETA of when it will be resolved, I can assure you we're working diligently to fix it.

I wanted to be clear this issue is also in Windows client; not sure based on thread if you are only aware on Mac.

BTW, now that I know what is going on it is easy to turn it back on, but this will be mysterious to new users.

I use Evernote 100% of my work day and it is an invaluable tool.

Archived