Evernote stuck in search mode URGENT

When I open Evernote on my Android, it comes up in Search mode (with an old search text). I cannot get out of search mode; I can search by deleting the current search and typing one in. If I try to select the search string, Evernote crashes. I cannot start a new note.

I have tried restarting the device.

This is urgent. I am in the middle of a family crisis and am depending on Evernote to hold all the information. I thought that Premium provided phone or chat support for immediate help but I can't find that. I'm hoping someone can respond immediately. Thank you so much.

• Level 5*

Hi.  We're not Support (user forum here) but we can probably help.  The Support and Chat options (0700-1900 PST) are available after you log in here (in a desktop browser) https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

They'll probably suggest that you uninstall / restart your phone / reinstall the app - that clears all the memory caches on the phone and should jump start you back to normal activity.  Unless you have one or more notebooks set as 'offline searchable',  your phone will normally download any notes you see or edit from the server copy when you open them.

Thanks for the quick answer! Sorry for multiple postings. My post came up with an error message and told me to retry, but I guess it was going through...

When I log in, I get to my own notes. Where can I find the support and chat options? ]

Thank you so much!!

• Level 5*

Hi - you need to be trying this on a laptop,  but that URL takes you direct to the Support page.  You should be seeing something like the illustration.  If you have problems seeing that,  try the uninstall/ reinstall thing.  It should fix everything..

support.jpg

Archived