Auto assign notebook or auto tag?

DCW

When emailing a note into EN, is there a way in EN, or maybe a third party app available, that would auto assign the note to a particular notebook, or auto tag the note based on what is in the subject line?  I use a third party research service and frequently email research results to my EN account.  I do put the client's name in the email subject line, but it would be great if EN could read the subject when it's received and automatically send the note to a specific client or subject notebook.  Or maybe an EN version of a Smart Mailbox?   

• 2 months later...

Similar to the OP, a feature that would make Evernote extremely useful would be the ability for it to recognize words, word combinations, or even symbols drawn or images to utilize that information to auto-file a note into a specific notebook (and auto-name the note, too).  Similar to the way the Rocketbook Wave (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/642311833/rocketbook-wave-cloud-connected-microwavable-noteb) software works.  I have been trying out the Rocketbook Wave app, but it has some shortcomings, first of which is extremely low image resolution on captured images.  Second of which is that it's direct link to Evernote is pretty flaky. 

For instance, if I am doing some paper and pen journaling, and I wish to save that into Evernote as well via the document camera on my Android phone, it would be great if EN could recognize the word "journal" at the top of the page, or some hand drawn icon of my choosing, to tell EN to file that newly captured document camera note into the "journal" notebook.  

It seems like the technology exists to accomplish this.  

• 5 months later...

Similar to the OP. Wish there was a rule engine that would allow auto assign of notebook based on content. For example, I have Uber email evernote a copy of every Uber receipt. I can't modify the subject line to add a notebook. I want to set a rule in EN to automatically file it in a certain notebook.

• 1 year later...

Archived