searching handwritten notes

Premium member. First time posting.

I use Evernote on my Desktop(windows), Work (web) and phone (android)

I have always been able to search handwritten notes for on all three platforms(windows/web/android). my handwriting is really neat so I have never had any issues, but recently it seems as though this has stopped working on the web and the android. I can still search handwritten notes perfectly using evernote 5.9.1 installed on the windows desktop.

One weird thing. I posted a number of test handwritten test notes and every so often the android will perform the search correctly - locate the correct set of handwritten notes (highlighting the word(s)), but two seconds later the search results disappear and smaller limited query results are shown (no handwritten notes).

Don't know if this helps, but for all the notes in question evernote (5.9.1)tells me that  "all attachments have been indexed".

• Level 5*

Hi.  This is a user forum,  so to get 'under the hood' help on an issue like this I'd suggest raising a support ticket - click Troubleshooting in the Help Center (link below in my sig) and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the 'Contact Support' button.  As far as the Android is concerned,  you could try to uninstall / restart the device / reinstall to see if that clears the search problem,  but I can't think of a reason for the web search results to be variable - as long as the various devices are synced up to date.  There are known differences in search performance between the different platforms,  but so far they've been consistent differences,  not variable ones...

Hi Tdeen,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for posting!

I would definitely like us to check out what could be causing the problem of the varied search results between the platforms. Please raise a support ticket as gazumped suggested. You can create one by clicking on the link in the signature of my post.

Thanks Matt, I submitted the request. My ticket has been opened and closed.

I gave them a few of my notes. They said that they were able to replicate the problem, but there was no solution. They tell me that I should just tag my notes in the meantime. (and) They're looking into this, but that they would be closing my ticket in the meantime.

I am now trying to downgrade back to the evernote plus option. I have at least cancelled the recurring payment, but I have to wait until the payment period ends before actually reverting back to basic or the plus option.

Hello talib,

Thank you for the follow-up and we will further look into the problem with the handwritten notes. Your subscription will then default back to Evernote Basic and from there you can select Evernote Plus once the subscription has timed out. Please be sure to let us know if you have any questions while they look into this.

Archived