Stop replacing "---" with horizontal line? Evernote 5.9.6.9494

I've encountered a bit of undesirable behavior in Evernote for Windows ver 5.9.6.9494...  I just upgraded to it, and now I find that when I type "---" and hit Enter that the triple dashes are replaced with a horizontal line (a.k.a. horizontal rule).  This is a catastrophe for me, since I use "---" as a separator in the majority of my notes.  

Is there a way to disable the "---" autoreplace behavior?

Please help - Thanks.

• Level 5

Evernote is working on a release to address this issue.

In the meantime, you can add a couple spaces to the dashes to prevent the horizontal line.

Example:

"- - -" as a separator 

Thanks jbenson2.  Good to know the devs are on it.  Got any links showing what else they are cooking up?

Thanks for the idea, but that won't work out in my case.

Unfortunately, trailing/leading whitespace doesn't help either.  Easiest workaround for now seems to be to use undo (CTRL-z or ALT-e + u) to revert the line back to three dashes.

• Level 5*

Thanks jbenson2.  Good to know the devs are on it.  Got any links showing what else they are cooking up?

Probably "holiday fare" is about all we will hear from the devs. Evernote folks are not for their openness about what is planned. Even what is planned to be fixed.

• Level 5

Evernote usually does not comment on their roadmap.

The fix has been released in a Mac beta version.

Hopefully, the Windows beta fix will be showing up soon.

• 8 months later...

You can disable this --- feature (and other annoying auto format related features) in the Windows app (version 6.2.4):

Tools -> Options -> Note -> Automatically format text elements

Just uncheck the boxes.

• 3 months later...

Logged in just to share something. The '----' issue you described drives me nuts in EN and most MS Office apps. The useful work-around I discovered was to just perform a soft return (shift-enter) after the last dot. Works in all apps that have this annoying functionality. Becomes second nature after a while.

W.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, Wayner said:

Logged in just to share something. The '----' issue you described drives me nuts in EN and most MS Office apps. The useful work-around I discovered was to just perform a soft return (shift-enter) after the last dot. Works in all apps that have this annoying functionality. Becomes second nature after a while.

Rather than doing a work-around, did you try disabling the feature as suggested just above by @nashwan:

• 4 weeks later...

So many settings in so many apps, and so little time to master or disable them all. This workaround is a short sweet solution to an annoying issue seen in EN and other software.

In and out quick - nobody gets hurt.

W.

Archived